ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New engine - Good or Bad

My 172s done 42000km but it had a new engine put in at 29k. I quite liked this when I bought it but I want to know what everyone else thinks?

Ive no idea why it needed a new engine, I just know it got one.

i cant see a prob.

if it got a new engine from reno under warranty i can see no probs

take it u got the documents to say its a new engine

Yeah, its in the Service history and everything.

Just had a thought earlier that if the last owner managed to destroy an engine then maybe the rest of the car, brakes etc, maybe also had a hard life.

Since I dont know why it was replaced, it could equally be that there was a problem they couldnt fix

It might not have been a ragging incident. There could have been something physically wrong with the engine. Maybe something broke inside it and proceded to destry the engine.

If your worried contact the AA and get them to do a vehical check on it. This is the same thing as you would do for buying a second hand car. They would be able to tell you of any major problems. They will also get any information regarding any accidents it has had. £40 I think when I had mine done.

Paul

A friend of mine had a brand new Landrover Discovery and it had a new engine put in within weeks....the first one leaked a lot of oil from day one, it was just a bad engine, or so they told her.

Thanks people, I think Ill just ask the garage next time Im there, they sold the car in the first place then serviced it every time so they should know.

I wasnt worried when I bought it coz they gave a 1 year cover everything warranty.