ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New engine in and running nice

As above my the clio is sorted, heat wrapped the mani while it was off, new cambelt and waterpump and obviously changed all oils and filters. Gave the inlet manifold a nice clean and the induction kit. One question : The car has had a K-Tec Group N ecu remap?? I was wondering as the ecu has been disconnected when changing the engine would all still be ok with regards to the remap? It seems to be running great so maybe no need to worry.

Cheers!

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
My ECU has been disconnected and not lost the map mate, if that was the case it would probably loose it whenever the battery ran flat :p

Thanks boyos!! It was previously my brothers car, the car is lowered on fk coilovers and has 15" wheels therefore runs close to the ground. He was driving down a back lane and hit the sump, engine ran dry and went BANG. Conrod came through the block!

Thanks boyos!! It was previously my brothers car, the car is lowered on fk coilovers and has 15" wheels therefore runs close to the ground. He was driving down a back lane and hit the sump, engine ran dry and went BANG. Conrod came through the block!

OUCH! :dapprove:

172 ph1
looks sound that mate glad you went for new engine and sorted it out i like the wheels personally compared to most aftermarket wheels they look sound...not a fan of standard ph2 wheels anyways so.. anyway get yourself sorted and get upto northeast meet in january mate in south shields and shopw the car off :rasp: