ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New engine in my 182...

BG 182 FF
Well after 4 weeks without my 182 I finally got her back and I'd forgotten how much fun she was!

I've was forced to have a new engine fitted (and by "new" I mean a replacement 55k engine from clio spares - thanks fellas!) as the last one commited suicide by dropping a valve at 70mph(ish) on the M1.

While the engine was out I've had all new belt kits, water pump, clutch, thermostat, oil filter, fulids, spark plugs etc etc which means she's pretty much running like new. I have also put new tyres on and had the tracking done (which was "way out" according to Merityre) and have new rear disc and pads.

The net result of about £2k worth of work is that I have a car with a younger engine (old one was on 80K) with no niggles currently (and for some time - touch wood!) and that is running as sweet as! She feels faster and more responsive than before and I'm starting to feel that 2 grand was actually a more reasonable price than I was originally lamenting - especially when I think about how much it would have cost to have each of these jobs done separately (clutch, water pump, belts etc).

Now I know I'd have rather spent that amount of money on some mods but I actually don't feel that hard done by as I now have a sound and perfectly healthy standard(ish) car just as the folk at Renault Sport division intended, and lets face it, they put together a pretty good little car.