ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new exhaust

clio sport 172 cup
hi all
has anyone had a exhaust made by pro-speed in cardiff if so how do you rate their work,as had a exhaust done 4mths ago by z-ex they've gone bust and my exhaust is falling apart :mad:

Audi TT 225
Ahahah prospeed are the nuts mate, top quality, Z-EX use scafold poles and chewing gum to make their exhausts!

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Had my pro-speed done a few months ago, and still love it.
Haven't looked underneath the car to make sure it's OK, but it doesn't knock or anything.
Sounds great too!

Polo + Micra
mate go there see charlie and he'll sort it.

tbh pro-speed is probably the reason z-ex went bust

Audi TT 225
Prospeed quality zorsticle
PB170005.gif

a Z-Ex effort LOL
DSCF0841.gif

Oh the gashness!
DSCF0861.gif

Ask if he will still do the £318 cat back deal. He told me last friday that as steal has gone up he is unable to do it any more. He did do ph-reebone's though at that price, but i did book him in so that may have helped.

Just say that you have spoken to Justin from cliosport when you phone him and see if he will still do it for you.

Give Charlie a call on - 029 20461444

VaVa
I'll show you some pics of my prospeed if you like. It's not the best!! Poor welds, less than brilliant design. And the way it's mounted - Some may call it clever and inventive - An engineer would call it a bodge. lol.

It was very cheap though. I paid £270 for a 2.5" bore exhaust with 3.5" tailpipe cut into the bumper.

Ask if he will still do the £318 cat back deal. He told me last friday that as steal has gone up he is unable to do it any more. He did do ph-reebone's though at that price, but i did book him in so that may have helped.

Just say that you have spoken to Justin from cliosport when you phone him and see if he will still do it for you.

i got mine for £280 back in the day.

was over a year ago though.

Audi TT 225
£317 I paid for mine. The Yozz also do exhausts if your not bothered about it being local, not sure on prices tho look on their webby

i got mine for £280 back in the day.

was over a year ago though.

well i wont tell you how much mine is costing then ;)

As above, hence why i am going back. My longshite (longlife) almost a PUN lol.

Is not so longlife, (came with the car ) so it is being replaced as charlie's work is second to none imo.

If i had the £££ i would be going to yozza though for a stealth system.

VaVa
Right. I don't care if it's raining. Pics of my ProSpeed. Can't get under the car to show where the centre section failed too.

Broken weld.

25062007025.jpg

The 'ingenious' mod to the OE bracket. Or lot's of bits of pipe, a few nuts and some cables ties bodged together as I call it.

25062007022.jpg

Looks lovely now. lol.

25062007026.jpg

Audi TT 225
Do you not have the "lifetime guarantee" that comes with it which means they would have to sort it out?

VaVa
Can't find the receipt. Lost in the house move I reckon.

Not only that but I'd need a day off work and a 2.5 hour drive to get down there.

Audi TT 225
sorry just trying to help, knowing what I paid for mine if it falls appart I'll be straight back there and getting em to put it right as they rightfully should at no extra cost to you.

VaVa
lol... no worries dude. Charlie seemed a sound guy.. and I'm sure he's sort it for me if I rang him.

Just trying to put some of the comments on ProSpeed exhausts into perspective. Good value? Maybe. Best in the business? Not even close.

Audi TT 225
This is the only one Ive heard of in 2 years thats gone bad, all other reports have been very positive but fair play for showing us the pics, wouldn't mind seeing where its failed in the centre so I can keep an eye on mine!!! How long before this happened out of interest?

VaVa
Well I had to re-site the extra rear mount that Charlie fitted after about 400 miles. When the exhaust got hot it moved back, but the rear mount Charlie fitted was causing the exhaust to buckle a little and thus the tail pipe touched the surround and melted it. So add £18 for another surround (I can see it's done similar on yours btw ;-) )

The centrer section split on the welds at the front and rear of the rear silencer. Had to have it re-welded. This was possibly due to a design fault or a couple of parts had been missed. Can't remember how long this was, but I posted a thread on here about it. Was within 12 months.

untitledcopy.gif

And as for the only one... Ask Timclio172 about his... lol.

Audi TT 225
Very interesting! Ive had mine since october last year, done many many miles with it and not had a problem thus far.
Thats my only gripe with it, as soon as I had it before it settled it melted the surround but it seems fine now but Ive not gotten around to buying a new one.
I'll keep an eye on it tho thanks for the info!

VaVa
No probs pal. Like I said - I'm not flaming anyone. Just offering my experiences. And you can see from the thread that I'm, or rather my exhaust, is the exception to the rule. Maybe I was just a bit unlucky.

Polo + Micra
tbh mine failed on the centre section welds as well but i put it down to the coilovers putting sum sort of extra strain on it

Audi TT 225
Bloomin hell deffo something to look out for then.
Thats what I was just thinking...coils shouldn't have caused that. Well if my one fails he can bloomin well fix it, still got the paper work!

Polo + Micra
well they are more of a jarring movement than the oem shocks but thats probably just me blaming them for the exhaust lol

i didn't need my reciept as he just looked at me and what the f**k do you want lol:D

VaVa
lol... i can imagine. Sound bloke. no doubt he'd sort mine for me... but like I said i fancy a bit of a change anyway.

Sorry to hear this, I have never had a bad experiance with them.

Although i have had stealth systems from them.

M140i
Can't rate propseed enough, Ive had 2 of them and they have both been superb with no problems at all, I know at least 4 or 5 people that have has there exhausts made there too and they haven;t had any problems either :)

VaVa
As I've said - Lots of people are happy with them. ProSpeed are good at what they do. If you have a car they can make you an exhuast that will fit, by fair means or foul.

Just when I hear people say 'best in the business' snd 'unbeatable' I have to show the flip side of the coin. Nobody's perfect, and neither are their exhausts!!