ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New, Fully Electric Renault 5

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster

Revealed today

screenshot_2021-01-14_at_08.22.55.jpg

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
The French firm revealed the machine during the unveiling of the ‘Renaulution’ strategic plan devised by new boss Luca de Meo this morning. The 5 Prototype city car will be a key part of Renault’s push for 30% of its sales to be of electric vehicles by 2025.

De Meo, who during his time at Fiat was key in reviving the 500, said: “I know from experience that reinventing a cult products lights a fire under the whole brand. ⚠️ This is a cult vehicle at a price many can afford.⚠️ And this is only the beginning for the whole Renault brand.”

RRP on a zoe is £34k!

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
De Meo, who during his time at Fiat was key in reviving the 500, said: “I know from experience that reinventing a cult products lights a fire under the whole brand.

Unless you do a Ford, and ripoff the name of a well know brand and lazily apply it to your latest flabby SUV.

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Look very cool, just can't help thinking it should have a 1.4 turbo in it... 😂

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
Really like that. Proper future like version of the original with a good carry over of styling cues

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
Still gutted they never released the twin run!

Please Renault / Alpine don’t f**k this up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Why must they make EV’s shout “hey everyone I’m electric” rather than just looking like a normal modern car?

This 5 looks like something my son would build, and he’s 2.

JimF

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
This 5 looks like something my son would build, and he’s 2.

Does he take commissions? Because that 5 looks wild.
It’s not so much that it’s overly shouty as an electric car, I think it’s quite restrained in that area. It’s just it’s a concept car, so they’re always a bit off-piste.

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
There’s no way it’ll look that good when it comes out. They’ll end up just putting rivet arches on a Zoe and calling it a 5 😂

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Any news on the battery they're going to ship with it?

Seeing it next to an original Renault 5 you can't exactly call this one a 'city car' anymore, so I hope they put sufficient juice in the thing.

Kev@KAM

ClioSport Trader
  Badass Toyota
Any news on the battery they're going to ship with it?

Seeing it next to an original Renault 5 you can't exactly call this one a 'city car' anymore, so I hope they put sufficient juice in the thing.

I think they are probably holding out a little as they progress battery tech. Things are getting better every year as new models come out. Looks big for a city car though. Someone should have reduced the size by 10%