ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New HU in my 172 Cup??

350z GT
Hi

So im looking to replace the HU in my 172 Cup and wondered what other people had bought??

want the CD function, and the ability to connect to my Ipod...
also one that kept the steering wheel controls working with an adapter would be great

recomendations?

cheers

I highly recommend Alpine headunits.
Especially the IDA X305 which allows you to fully control the Ipod from the headunit. However that particular one doesn't come with a CD slot!

Clio 197 FF
I recommend Pioneer or Alpine have had both in my cup, however I prefer my latest Pioneer as it has a proper ipod connector rather than a aux connector and also has Bluetooth.

MINI FJCW
Ive got the Alpine 9880r, very nice headunit, set me back £140, but you've also got buy the iPod cable to go with it, costs £15-20. But with the cable you gain full access through the headunit, so you dont have to go trawling through your iPod to find a song/playlist.

Good thing about the headunit is that the backlighting is orange so goes nicely with all the other lighting on the dash, ill get a picture late if you wish later on ?

350z GT
Ive got the Alpine 9880r, very nice headunit, set me back £140, but you've also got buy the iPod cable to go with it, costs £15-20. But with the cable you gain full access through the headunit, so you dont have to go trawling through your iPod to find a song/playlist.

Good thing about the headunit is that the backlighting is orange so goes nicely with all the other lighting on the dash, ill get a picture late if you wish later on ?

Yeah please mate...that sounds good

does it work with your steering wheel controls etc?

cheers

MINI FJCW
Ooops sorry mate, totally forgot about this thread!

Mine isnt connected to the steering wheel as im not too fussed by it, but im sure there is an adaptor that will work, ill get a pic tonight when the lighting is better!

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Buy mine..
Clarion bd329rg MINT CONDITION..

Looks like this
img_med0.jpg