ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New inlet elbow,breather and ITG panel

clio 182
i thought id give this a go as i seen other people doin it n thought y not, tidies up the engine bay alot, cant feel any difference in power maybe wen the remap comes it will benefit more? i use to have a simota carbon fibre aeroform on my car and tha was quality but i think it lost torque but wat it lost in torque it gained in bhp and sound, the 5K kick was much more dnt no wether it was jus noise makin u think it?

Attachments

• inlethose.jpg
    inlethose.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 119
  • inlethose2.jpg
    inlethose2.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 121
  • breather.jpg
    breather.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 152
  • breather2.jpg
    breather2.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 150
  • breather3.jpg
    breather3.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 133
  RS RIP
i also had the 250 pound :eek: Carbon Aeroform, best thing about it was .... that i sold it !!!:)

Lost everywhere; torque and top-end. Now running a phase 1 box with ITG and two large airfeeds, optimal !

Good going getting the breather ! Will save you the hassle of cleaning your TB as much

avstar1

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
Breather will vent into the engine bay thats all... you might start to smell it in the passanger bay... I like the elbow... very nice :)

Breather will vent into the engine bay thats all... you might start to smell it in the passanger bay... I like the elbow... very nice :)

I had a oil breather on my lastcar (2000 polo gti) and thats all i could smell from the inside of the car (oil fumes) :(

It also leave a film of oil over everything around about it :(

clio 182
had a bad wiff wen i was gunin it thas the only time n it was gone wivin 20 seconds? mind u missus was in the car so cudv bin er?

2002 172
not cost effective? i made a catch tank out of an old coke bottle, aslong as you put a hole in the top the pressure wont blow it off. works fine for me and already has oil vapours in it. took me all of 10 mins to do as well and you dont really notice it when the bonnet is lifted

Clio 172 mk2
Total waste of time unless your running a big boost turbo car where oil vapour going into the inlet at WOT can cause det

RS RIP
i also had the 250 pound :eek: Carbon Aeroform, best thing about it was .... that i sold it !!!:)

Lost everywhere; torque and top-end. Now running a phase 1 box with ITG and two large airfeeds, optimal !

Good going getting the breather ! Will save you the hassle of cleaning your TB as much

this is why it's not a waste of time i think ; the throttle body would never get mucked up as bad (like with the OEM setup) with a breather filter.. all you got coming in there is air !

Clio 172 mk2
Still makes B-all difference to performance

Thin coating of oil is good anyway to prevent corrosion

ClioSport 172 Cup
The oil breather pipe is only there to allow the excess oil to circulate. Its not a performance or engine enhancement. The materials throttle body and inlet manifold are made of on this car will not corrode.