ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New iPhone 13, Apple Watch & iPad mini

New iPhones are released this Friday.
New Apple watch coming soon.

I have had a 12 mini since launch, I just wish the screen size was a touch bigger for dealing with emails. Going to have to go back to a bigger phone anyway just for the improved battery life as this is always on charge, the 13 mini’s improved battery life won’t be enough. Cba with the MagSafe battery but it is an option.

I purchased a standard 11 256gb from the Apple refurb store which arrived today - straight away I realised why I wanted a mini, it’s a brick 🤣 same price as what they are selling the 128gb new for, think this is stock clearance as they’ve dropped the 256gb model.

The 11 pro was the right size, the 12 and 13 pro are just a bit too big especially with the weight of the pro models. Close to ordering the standard 13.

As you can see I’ve got no idea what phone I want. Contemplated going android for a year but nothing stands out.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
My shiny new iPhone 13 is currently in a DHL van en-route to my house, first time I have pre-ordered one for launch day.

Nothing really wrong with my current XR, but had it 3 years and just wanted to change it, because why not!? 🤷‍♂️

Spec wise the screen & camera should be a noticeable improvement, it's slightly smaller & lighter and battery life is reportedly better, although the battery life on the XR is excellent and one reason I went with one over an XS originally, plus screen size.

Just sat here waiting now...

Dom_capper

ClioSport Club Member
  2012 Renault Clio
I couldn’t get postage until Oct and no appointments I could make today. Picking up a 13 pro tomorrow after work. Moving from a an 11 so screen and macro camera were my main motivations.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I’ve got the XR and have had for three years, the battery is at 91%, i cannot see any real reason to not get a genuine new battery fitted by Apple and carry on.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
It’s just arrived 😎

5DD2A4A3-86A8-42A9-BB65-D2E2AB65BEE1.jpeg

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
Be following to see how you go with it!
Screen protector fitted, put it in the case and it’s now on charge.

It will take aaaages to setup all the apps & stuff so I will just leave it overnight and have a proper play tomorrow then report back 👍🏻

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
Seems it doesn’t take as long as I thought, also mega easy to setup, hold the new phone near the old one and bingo!

It’s literally cloned all my apps, settings, etc, onto the new phone, even swapped the watch over, so just need to do banking apps, move the SIM card over and we are done.

133T
Seems it doesn’t take as long as I thought, also mega easy to setup, hold the new phone near the old one and bingo!

It’s literally cloned all my apps, settings, etc, onto the new phone, even swapped the watch over, so just need to do banking apps, move the SIM card over and we are done.
That’s pretty cool. Sometimes I like to start fresh, like new. More hassles but fresh, new.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
That’s pretty cool. Sometimes I like to start fresh, like new. More hassles but fresh, new.
My XR was setup exactly how I wanted so this was perfect for me.

The only hassle were a couple of the online banking apps where I couldn’t remember the login details 🙈

All sorted now though

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
Don’t like the case I got, has a raised lip on the back and is not comfortable in the hand. So I’ve just ordered a Spigen case off Amazon which will arrive tomorrow.

Applecare+ and naked this time.

My 12 mini leather case is looking battered after 10 months. The quality of the Apple leather cases have gone down hill, not worth £59.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
It fell out of my pocket at work whilst sitting down, onto a concrete floor after 1 hour of owning. I did a cry

Christ i’d have been emotional!

Before my contract ended with EE i had 4 replacement phones from them - their insurance department were some of the most uninterested people i’ve ever heard dealing with claims. “Oh you dropped it from a helicopter into a volcano, nice, replacement will be with you tomorrow”.😂

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
Christ i’d have been emotional!

Before my contract ended with EE i had 4 replacement phones from them - their insurance department were some of the most uninterested people i’ve ever heard dealing with claims. “Oh you dropped it from a helicopter into a volcano, nice, replacement will be with you tomorrow”.😂
I only dropped my last one once in 2 years. This has a different profile in the pocket which cause it 😭 f**king thing.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
😬

I’ve had my XS Max in a case since day 1 and whenever I take it out I always find the phone is really slippery/easily dropped.
Same

I removed the case & protector from the XR yesterday to prep for sale and it feels weird LOL

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I’m holding onto my XR for another year. Will be going for the “mini” option come the time. I don’t want an A4 size item in my pocket.

2014 Clio 200t edc
treated myself to the new mini iPad. Not overly blown away by it, but it’s leaps ahead of the last iPad mini and also not far away from the iPad Pro. Didn’t fancy a ‘grown up’ iPad hence going for the mini.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
So quick update on the 13 after a couple of weeks, the battery life is superb, I took it off charge at 08:40 yesterday morning and it's still on 41% now, impressive.

Camera is noticeably better, that was to be expected as the XR camera was ok but nothing special, but I'm very happy with this, so the Pro must be amazing.

Screen quality on paper is much better (326ppi vs 460ppi), plus brighter, better contrast ratio, etc, but in reality it's not leagues ahead, maybe that's my middle aged eyes though LOL, it is better but not night & day better as the specs would indicate.

It's quicker at doing stuff as you would expect with faster a chip & more ram, although after 3 years the XR never felt laggy or slow, but this is just snappier.

Also feels smaller & lighter in the hand, despite there only being a couple of mm here & there and 21 grams difference, so that's an added bonus. Did take a bit to get used to square edges after having rounded edges, also hated the first case I got, the Spigen one I have now is great.

Other than that not much to report, seamless transition from the old phone to the new one, it literally cloned everything and minimal manual input required for things like banking apps, Apple do things like this well though.

Dom_capper

ClioSport Club Member
  2012 Renault Clio
I’m holding onto my XR for another year. Will be going for the “mini” option come the time. I don’t want an A4 size item in my pocket.
Rumour has it there won’t be a 14 mini. But they’re always speculating random crap that doesn’t happen.

Copied from the other phone thread.

If you’re looking for a car mount / charger option…

I’ve fitted a Scosche magnet mount to the lower dash (wherever you prefer), leave 24 hours before using to ensure it doesn’t come unstuck.

I then stuck the included magnet to the back of an Apple MagSafe charger and purchased a 20w+ Usbc car charger.
I’ve drove 600 miles since and my iPhone 13 pro with the Apple MagSafe silicone case didn’t move once. This method will only work if you use the phone without a case or with a MagSafe case.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00HZYM2UA/

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08PRZ815M

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
I’ve ordered one of the new 7 series Apple watches for myself. Mid-November delivery though 😩

Should be ordering the Mrs a 13 Pro (in gold/champagne) colour on Friday as an early Christmas pressie (if that’s what she wants).

Not getting one but love the new iPad mini. So cool.

133T
I’ve ordered one of the new 7 series Apple watches for myself. Mid-November delivery though 😩

Should be ordering the Mrs a 13 Pro (in gold/champagne) colour on Friday as an early Christmas pressie (if that’s what she wants).

Not getting one but love the new iPad mini. So cool.
Which one did you go for? I’ve never been a watch wearer but I might get one. Was thinking blue with blue braided solo loop.

MK2 PH2 1.2 16V
I got a iPhone 13 Pro and I can’t see much of a difference from my 11 tbh. Good job it was cheap.