ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New iPhone 3gs owner, few questions please help

Fabia vrs tdi
Ok first of all I wanted a blackberry but o2 refused to upgrade me 3 months early to anythin other than the iphone or palm pre so took the iphone.
If I get bored of the iphone I will just sell it for a bb.
I was wondering if I ever did sell it for a bb I take it I would still get my unlimited data usage, on the iphone it came with the tariff but with o2 if you want unlimited data with the bb its an extra 7.50 a month which is crap.
I was also wondering is it safe enough to jail break and if so Whats the best apps to get in your opinion?
Any other hints or tips that might come in handy?
If I dont get on with it I will def get a bb bold 9700 and hope that I will get unlimited data usage for free, im guessing its not somethin built into the phone that allows it to be free so hope I can stick the sim in any phone and get unlimited data.
Thanks for reading, sorry for way this is typed im using my crap sony c905 new phone arrives tomorrow.

Clio 182
If you swap for a blackberry, your data allowance on the iPhone won't work. You will have to get the BB bundle from o2. I recently swapped to a blackberry and had to do the same.

Hope this helps :)

Fabia vrs tdi
Was reading a thread on here about blackberrys and a few said they got bored within months.
No answers to my questions then

Clio 182
I answered!Oh and I had an Iphone for a while, i got bored and now have a 9700 which I got from work :) Its better to have a tool (BB) than a toy (iFail)

Laz

Audi A4 1.8T Sport
BB use BB Service (thats the £7.50 a month, which includes Data)

BBs are good, but i'm bored of mine after a couple of months, i dont use the bits that make a BB worth having... need to put my HTC back together!

Fabia vrs tdi
Sorry I was busy typing when you replied.
Strange how you need to pay extra for the bb data pack.
Will see how I get on with the phone but it will be mainly for surfing the net and I heard the bb wasnt that great for surfing.

Clio 182
The blackberry 9700 is 3.7mbs compared to 7.2 on the iphone, however on comparing the both, its only fractionally quicker. Its a phone anyways lol!

Fabia vrs tdi
You use your iphone for everything lol, so any tips on jailbreaking or am I not allowed to ask that. Also Whats the best apps, not into playing games but do like usefull things

Citroen DS3 DSport
It's likely that your new 3GS cannot be jailbroken as it will probably come with the latest firmware already installed.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
My missus has sneeks. What's the big deal with jailbreaking?

Citroen DS3 DSport
Jailbreaking lets you customise the screen layout and style and also provides access to features and apps that are otherwise unavailable as standard. I prefer to keep my iPhone running official firmware.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I sense sarcasm.

Does it have to be jailbroken to put songs as your ringtone?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
No sarcasm, its a rubbish experience.

No, you can do that normally.

Fabia vrs tdi
I was chattin to a guy that says you can downgrade the firmware so it can be jailbroken, I would just rather get free apps that pay for them all. It should be arriving anytime now So will play about with it try get used to the touch screen I have a fear of touch screens especially when drinking I think it might be a recipe for disaster. Thanks for all your help, I think lol

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
FYI if you discuss the methods on how to get free apps, you'll be banned.

No sarcasm, its a rubbish experience.

No, you can do that normally.

why have you got such a bee in your bonnet about jail breakin iphones? ive noticed your (almost aggressive) comments towards people throughout this whole apple forum!

everyone in the f'n planet knows that having your iphone jailbroke is the berries! theres no gettin away from that!

get over it man

ps: i thoroughly recommend jailbreaking your iphone :)