ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

O2 bill query (iPhone related)

Golf R/Leon FR
Right I have an iPhone and have O2 simplicity 20 tariff with 600 mins/unlimited txts.

Recently O2 have started charging me every month for internet use. Totalling up to £40 extra over the last 4 months bills.
Now i never use the internet on my iPhone unless im using my own or someone's wifi. Am i right in thinking i should not be charged for this apparent internet costs or is there something i am missing?

I called O2 on Friday to complain and they said that the iPhone uses internet in the background?? Now i never have any internet settings active on the phone, data roaming and 3g off etc.
The person on the phone at O2 didnt have a clue what she was on about. So I am going to complain by email.

I have now added the web bolt on for £7.50 a month, i was told this is unlimited usage. Does this cover 3G too?

Sorry for the long post, any advice will be helpful

cheers

Settings > General > Network >Cellular Data Network > Type a load of crap instead of whats there.

Then it won't be able to get online.

Yes it uses the internet in the background as mine has no internet settings on it and it randomly tells me that it can not connect even though I'm not trying to.

I have the web bolt on now, not sure if I'll use it enough to warrant the £7.50 a month, we shall see, but before I just used to use wifi, and have the address for the internet connection missing the k (wap.o2.co.u) and if I ever needed the 3G internet, added the k and connected.

Perrinho

ClioSport Club Member
Surely if you have the bolt on, then you can put the setting back to how they were? Do you not use push email? What about push notifications for apps? I coulnt survive without internet access 100% of the time on the iphone...lol

Surely if you have the bolt on, then you can put the setting back to how they were? Do you not use push email? What about push notifications for apps? I coulnt survive without internet access 100% of the time on the iphone...lol

If that's for me, read the word before. Nah push email annoys me.

Golf R/Leon FR
I have the web bolt on now, not sure if I'll use it enough to warrant the £7.50 a month, we shall see, but before I just used to use wifi, and have the address for the internet connection missing the k (wap.o2.co.u) and if I ever needed the 3G internet, added the k and connected.

i used to use the net exactly like that, but now i have the web bolt on i use it all the time. my 3g reception is s**t though, so takes ages to load lol

Now Sold :-(
Iphone on O2 has a different bolt on for internet. It's iphone specific and is £10 a month instead of the usual £7.50 they offer for other handsets.

Best bet is to give them a call and ask WTF the charges are all about. Then claim you were misinformed by sales person re use of bolt on with iphone and see if they will re-credit your account as a good will gesture.

Just re-read your original post and this is no use to you at all is it. FAIL

Last edited: