ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New iPhone launch today

Astra CDTI SRI
Hmmmmmm, I'm starting to get put off.....

There’s still no voice dialing, video recording, copy-and-paste, memory-card slot, Bluetooth stereo audio or phone-to-phone photo sending (MMS). And when the battery needs replacement after a couple of years, you’ll still have to pay Apple $86 for a replacement.

Didn't realise that there was no video recording or MMS. Plus the camera doesn't have a flash.

Also

Unfortunately, there’s not much you can do with the G.P.S. According to Apple, the iPhone’s G.P.S. antenna is much too small to emulate the turn-by-turn navigation of a G.P.S. unit for a vehicle, for example.

Looks like a major step down from my N95. :(

Revels Mum & Sister
i as the Daz man said. Dont see it being a massive issue personally.

If I do get hold of them this friday I wont be taking it to the beer fest I am attending. Although I am sad my Blackberry will become non used :(

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
im still laughing at the thought of revels trying to mug daz lol...

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Read all the US reviews today.

Made me think about not getting one, i mean is it enough?
I'm REALLY vexed that you cant sync exchange and personal data at the same time.

That's how ActiveSync works on the Mail, Calendar and Contact side. It only syncs with Exchange - altho, if you USB it, it just syncs with Exchange locally.

What if i want to run two accounts?

Citroen DS3 DSport
You can run two mail accounts but you can only have the Calendar and Contacts sync with one of them.

Last edited:
Hmmmmmm, I'm starting to get put off.....

Didn't realise that there was no video recording or MMS. Plus the camera doesn't have a flash.

Also

Unfortunately, there’s not much you can do with the G.P.S. According to Apple, the iPhone’s G.P.S. antenna is much too small to emulate the turn-by-turn navigation of a G.P.S. unit for a vehicle, for example.

Looks like a major step down from my N95. :(

Swirly mms will be available on it though i imagine. The new version in immense IMO aswell.

Citroen DS3 DSport
People who have reviewed or tested the new iPhone are reporting that the GPS signal is perfectly goos so I'm not sure why Applw would say what they have.

That's how ActiveSync works on the Mail, Calendar and Contact side. It only syncs with Exchange - altho, if you USB it, it just syncs with Exchange locally.

What if i want to run two accounts?

You don't generally. Exchange/ActiveSync is primarly designed for one mailbox, one phone, one person, etc. You can't run two Exchange accounts on one Outlook Profile, one ActiveSync profile etc. That's just the MS way! :)

Astra CDTI SRI
Quick question.

If I get one on Friday and play about with it on my work pc on Friday, can I use it on my home pc as well?

Or will it wipe everything like my ipod does.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Quick question.

If I get one on Friday and play about with it on my work pc on Friday, can I use it on my home pc as well?

Or will it wipe everything like my ipod does.

It'll wipe everything the same as the iPod.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Just got my tracking number from DHL! :D

I hear it's going to be torrential rain on friday daz! ;) :p

Haha.
No phone without pain my friend!

I'll wear my Tommy Hilfiger jacket - sailing-wear FTW.. (altho, it just lets water in.). That'll throw the geek scent off. ;)

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
I'll wear my Tommy Hilfiger jacket - sailing-wear FTW.. (altho, it just lets water in.). That'll throw the geek scent off. ;)

"No, I'm just queuing up for a k850i, I wouldn't be sad enough to queue for an iPhone"...

...just repeat those words and you'll be fine.

...don't look "them" in the eyes either.

"No, I'm just queuing up for a k850i, I wouldn't be sad enough to queue for an iPhone"...

...just repeat those words and you'll be fine.

...don't look "them" in the eyes either.

Surely it'd be "I'm just queuing up to RMA my 10th k850i" wouldn't it? ;)

Mercedes AMG GLE 53
Im getting excited as it gets nearer, just not sure wot time to start queing. Was thinking 6.30 ish but perhaps that wont even be early enough lol.

Last edited:
  20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
no stock online....

Thank you for your interest in iPhone 3G. We are experiencing unprecedented demand for the device and whilst we are confident that all customers who want iPhone 3G will get one by the end of this summer, initial supply is limited and will be for some weeks. Here is what you need to know:
  • O2 and Carphone Warehouse (CPW) stores will have limited numbers of iPhone 3G this Friday 11 July.
  • On average, we will only have a few dozen iPhone 3Gs per store (some stores more, some stores less, dependant upon store size so we expect to sell out quickly). Sales of iPhone 3G will be limited to one per customer and two for business customers.
  • Some O2 stores will open at 8.02am on Friday, others a bit later. Find out more
  • If you do go into an O2 store you will need 2 forms of identification, a valid credit or debit card and proof of address. If you are new to O2 you will also need to pass a credit check if you sign up for an iPhone 3G contract. The average sales transaction processing time will be 20 minutes.
  • Apple will be selling iPhone 3Gs in their stores, but please note that existing O2 customers can only upgrade in an O2 or CPW store.
  • We are working closely with Apple to get additional iPhone 3Gs. These will be coming in on a weekly basis. We'll keep you posted on specific details by updating this web page regularly.
  • We are currently out of stock of iPhone 3Gs via our on-line store, we'll update through www.o2.co.uk when more information becomes available.
  • If you have an existing iPhone you can still enjoy many of the new features by upgrading your software to version 2.0 from 11 July through iTunes.
  • We are sorry that we can't meet all demand as quickly as we'd like but we're sure that when you get your new iPhone 3G you'll agree it's been worth the wait.

E87 118d M Sport
reali wanna get one as my misses's one is being delivered today (according to the DHL tracking number)

problem is, i have 9 months remaining on an 18months contract with orange. do you know anyone who will buy this out if i reduce it to like £20 a month (as i am currently paying 40) i.e. carphone warehouse etc? or do they only buy out a certain amount of months.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
I also have a Voda contract with 12 months remaining. I cant change my price plan for another 3 months yet though.

I've recently started working for myself, and have made the decision that I need a separate phone for business and for pleasure ;) (I really do though) Plus the unlimited data would be seriously handy for me with my new job!

SLK 350
I'll be queuing tomorrow too :)

Just hope they release some improvements over the appstore regarding MMS and Cut N Paste, and that they're free given they're so trivial these days.

Saw some leaked pictures of the Blackberry Thunder today, and I have to say it looks very promising.

I also have a Voda contract with 12 months remaining. I cant change my price plan for another 3 months yet though.

I've recently started working for myself, and have made the decision that I need a separate phone for business and for pleasure ;) (I really do though) Plus the unlimited data would be seriously handy for me with my new job!

same here, i cant lower my tariff until september so i think i will just wait until o2 have stocked back up to get one... i will be going past a carphone warehouse on the way to work tomorrow morning though hmmm lol

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
lol!!

Out of interest, is the deal through CPW the same as if you purchased direct from O2?

I read above that they are selling in Apple shops also!

I think im just gonna nip down to my local O2 tomorro, its not in the busiest place in the world, and opening times are just standard times (guessing 9am)!

Just need to decide if its worth having the £45/month one for the cheaper 16gb!

Tesla MP3 2021
snoop. What time did you place your order on Monday. Was it a new contract or an upgrade??

Citroen DS3 DSport
I'm sure someone here hoped that the iPhone would link up with the Nike system (can't remember the name of it). Good news here:

Apple has released iTunes 7.7. This latest version of iTunes is required for the iPhone 3G, Firmware 2.0, App Store and MobileMe.Use iTunes 7.7 to sync music, video, and more with iPhone 3G, and download applications from the iTunes Store exclusively designed for iPhone and iPod touch with software version 2.0 or later. Also use the new Remote application for iPhone or iPod touch to control iTunes playback from anywhere in your home — a free download from the App Store.
It is available in your Mac OS X Software Update at this time. Apple is expected to also released the 2.0 Firmware and App Store shortly, as well as launching MobileMe.

The update description confirms the iPhone/iPod touch remote application that will be available as a free download from the App Store. At present, the App Store is not yet functional.

Update: At present, it is only available for Mac.

Update 2: Nike + iPod setting for iPhone in preference files, indicating iPhone integration for running.

http://www.macrumors.com/

Citroen DS3 DSport
If I miss out tomorrow cause other nutters have arrived earlier then I can live with that. I'll head home and install v2.0 on my existing iPhone.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
I think it was me who was interested in the Nike+ feature!!! That is great news, as I've just flogged my nano, and now cant keep track of running!

Cheers Sneeks!!!

Tesla MP3 2021
My online order is now complete :)...

By the looks of it CPW are taking orders online again for tomorrow :S