ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New iPhone launch today

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
lol. it's easy peasy....

Need to get me a Mac.. or I'll just steal Mum's iMac? ;)

Mac Mini FTW?! Dev box extraordinaire.

I don't have a mac at home that will run the SDK :( Tempted to get a mini just to run Xcode and to use as a media centre.

Work is a different story though....

Although I'm going to be working on an embedded RFID project for the next couple of months at it needs to be delivered in september, not much time to play.

Xcode flies on a mac pro! It's awesome at compiling, the same backend under windows takes ages to compile in Visual Studio!

133, 182, Kangoo 182
At work we've introduced three Mac mini's the the server rack to handle some extra traffic through recent advertising.

Suprisingly the little buggers are raping the dual-core Xserves. The 8-core in there is still the daddy though. :D

does anyone know when they will be out on pay as you go? and roughly how much they go for? im not that long into my sh*tty piece o crap vodafone contract, but still tempted to lower my tariff to as little as possible and get an iphone on o2, stupid i know but ive done it twice before, il never learn lol

Citroen DS3 DSport
O2 have announced that the PAYG iPhone will be available in time for the festive season this year.

182-racing-blue

just spoke to a local cpwh and they said that they are unsure untill wednesday weather they are doing the upgrades or not...

also called a local o2 store and they said that stores aren't doing the upgrades, needs to be done online or via customer services...

i spoke to upgrades earlier and they said stores will be able to do it... however this was before they ran out so maybe they changed it?

hnmmm fuxake

Hmm, they are defo doing upgrades to iPhone from none-iPhone. And the post above this one seems to suggest they're doing them instore now due to the mess today.

You can upgrade to an iPhone from a non-Iphone in CPW but not from an existing iPhone to a 3g one cos its a special deal with o2.

Just to clarify!!

Citroen DS3 DSport
Several CPW stores have confirmed that you are now able to upgrade in store from an existing iPhone contract. I'll be going to a o2 store as I'm not a fan of CPW.

Astra CDTI SRI
Several CPW stores have confirmed that you are now able to upgrade in store from an existing iPhone contract. I'll be going to a o2 store as I'm not a fan of CPW.

+1

I used to have a contract with them, but I wouldn't touch CPWH with a barge pole now.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I've activated my 60 day .mac trial today in anticipation of this migrating to mobileme on Thursday :)

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
I've activated my 60 day .mac trial today in anticipation of this migrating to mobileme on Thursday :)

I'm hoping that the V2 firmware supports IMAP idle as it's only the email aspect that I'm going to find useful, mobileme is IMAP so fingers crossed.

Otherwise I'm going to have to sort out some jiggery pokery with my domains and sign up for mobileme.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I signed up now so that I can retain the option of using @mac.com for my email address rather than @me.com

Push IMAP doesn't work on anything but Yahoo if I remember.
It certainly doesn't push out on the current iPhone.. checks every x minutes.

I use Microsoft Exchange though, so ActiveSync for me! ;)

182-racing-blue

Which ones? I dont think thats correct.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Yup.

photo1-3.jpg

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Well if you need to mail me after the 11th use;
Tombentonatmacdotcom or tombentonatmedotcom

:rasp:

(or before as both have been working for a week)
Plus im 99% sure imap idle is supported, makes sense.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Well if you need to mail me after the 11th use;
Tombentonatmacdotcom or tombentonatmedotcom

:rasp:

(or before as both have been working for a week)
Plus im 99% sure imap idle is supported, makes sense.

Yeah, I'd be suprised if it wasn't!

I would have asked last weekend, but I wouldn't have got an answer about it anyway....

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Well we know mobile me uses imap.
However it pushes calendar events too, so it must use something further.

Unless it just sends a special coded email with a vcard file?

Citroen DS3 DSport

Which ones? I dont think thats correct.

Two stores in Glasgow I phones said they were and other people online have posted similar information. I'd not be surprised if the CPW staff have talked a load of crap though!

o2 have been sending out this email though and a call to customer services informed me that this applies to existing iPhone customers:

The next opportunity to get an iPhone will be when the device goes on
sale in the high street on 11th July. O2 and Carphone Warehouse stores
will be taking new orders and upgrade orders. Apple stores will only be
taking new customer contracts. Most shops will open at 8.02am but some
stores, particularly in shopping centres where early access is not
possible, will open as usual from 9am. The approach on Friday will also
be on a first come first served basis. The amount of devices will vary
depending on the store but will be on average a few dozen iPhones in
each O2 or CPW store. We are expecting early queues and, like the online
site, are expecting to sell out very quickly. Apple stores will have
more devices. We will be receiving deliveries from Apple roughly once a
week for the foreseeable future but it will be several weeks before
stocks increase. We will release stock updates for the online shop as
they become available.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
LOL, i will go to CPW walk past the line pick mine up and walk out.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Well we know mobile me uses imap.
However it pushes calendar events too, so it must use something further.

Unless it just sends a special coded email with a vcard file?

Yeah...guess we'll all find out soon enough what they've done!

They could always have implemented their own extensions to imap for "push" though which I'm hoping isn't the case...

Who cares?
No one.. get an Exchange server. ActiveSync.

How many times do I have to tell you fanboys?!?!?!?!? ;)

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
I have exchange for work, im not knocking it.
Google should use it for gmail.