ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New iPhone launch today

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
if thats true , thats great, hopefully ziphone will be up to date with it on release...

SLK 350
Just making a business case for us to switch from BB to iPhone - luckily my manager is a tech geek aswell.

But the business case for it, well I'm relying upon the Appstore offering a wealth of A+ Enterprise software from the off, I've got RDM+ on my iPhone at present which works 'ok' to check servers from my desktop, but it's slow in comparison to what I'm hoping Cisco VPN will open the door for.

Anybody else trying to get the iPhone rolled out to their IT department? :)

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  MB EQC
Just making a business case for us to switch from BB to iPhone - luckily my manager is a tech geek aswell.

But the business case for it, well I'm relying upon the Appstore offering a wealth of A+ Enterprise software from the off, I've got RDM+ on my iPhone at present which works 'ok' to check servers from my desktop, but it's slow in comparison to what I'm hoping Cisco VPN will open the door for.

Nope, looking to roll back to pen and paper

RB 182

I'm going to work on getting the BB's replaced I think.

Anyone got a business case for them yet, I thought I may find one on the net, but had no luck, I only seem to find people who **** it off saying it's too expensive.

Megane R26
Are you sure £369 is the price for the 8GB? I will check with him again to clarify - could have been an email typo...

SLK 350

Anyone got a business case for them yet, I thought I may find one on the net, but had no luck, I only seem to find people who **** it off saying it's too expensive.

Points I'm relying upon are:

-Saving £500 a year on BB licensing.

-Better availability, currently all messages go through the Canadian NOC server at RIM. When it goes down every BB on earth stops receiving mail, in the last year it's been down 3/4 times at least. With Activesync you're cutting out the middleman.

-Subject lines on mail isn't encrypted AFAIK so technically someone could read your subject lines.

-Highly usable web brwosing at BB speed anywhere in the world, meaning I can log onto our network anywhere/anytime.

-Remote desktop tools allow me to log into my work PC and use it for remoting to servers.

-Appstore should provide a huge amount of useful software for enterprise after seeing the WWDC.

That's about it for now.

SLK 350
Yep, every message goes through the NOC despite having a BES server, why they don't have global resilience I've no idea - but when it's down it's down.

SLK 350
Yeah you can do it already David on most devices, but the iPhones lends itself to it nicely due to the large screen (too small on a BB).

http://www.rdmplus.com/rdm/page.jsp?p=index

(Specifically - http://www.rdmplus.com/rdm/page.jsp?p=try )

Download the demo version, lasts for 3 minutes on each session. At the moment it's usable on Wifi, but obviously not EGDE. However I expect there to be better, more efficient and tailored iPhone solutions once the Appstore lands in combination with the Cisco IPsec VPN client.

The above it a good tech demo for your manager though to show them how useful it could be :)

Citroen DS3 DSport
A good new feature to be included with the new version of iTunes and iPhone 2.0 firmware:

Use iTunes 7.7 to sync music, video, and more with iPhone 3G, and download applications from the iTunes Store exclusively designed for iPhone and iPod touch with software version 2.0 or later. Also use the new Remote application for iPhone or iPod touch to control iTunes playback from anywhere in your home -- a free download from the App Store.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=506659

Handy for me as I can't find my Apple remote.

SchwepTek™
Yay not only did i pre register an iphone today but i also found out that the company i work for now offer 30% of O2 contracts! That means a free 8gb iphone on a £31 per month contract! :D :D :D

Oh and 16gb iphones arent being released for at least a month after july 11th!!!

Citroen DS3 DSport
I'll be surprised if the 16gb iPhone is not released next week, all indiciations are that it will be but possibly only in black. The keynote speech stated that both the 8gb and 16gb would be available on the 11th July. My local o2 store also say they are expecting both next week.

SchwepTek™
I'll be surprised if the 16gb iPhone is not released next week, all indiciations are that it will be but possibly only in black. The keynote speech stated that both the 8gb and 16gb would be available on the 11th July. My local o2 store also say they are expecting both next week.

On the preregistering form i have it says in big letter NO 16gb available LOL.

Citroen DS3 DSport
O2 can expect to have less than impressive sales figures on launch if that is true. It could be that the stores will not receive the 16gb for launch and this will only be available online.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
apple shop i went in today told me both out next week, so your wrong lol.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Also if the 30% discount deal is part of the John Lewis partnership with o2 then the iPhone tariffs are apparently not included.

SchwepTek™
John Lewis have said it is available on iphones. They have just joined O2 Open which many companies use. O2 store also said that it is available on iphones.

As for 16gb iphones, the form printed out from o2 with my preregistry details and credit check says in big letters NO 16gb IPHONES on release day!!!