ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New iPhone launch today

Citroen DS3 DSport
Traffic info does not work in the UK :(

GPS deactivation is not a major step because it is only used when I enter apps which support it but I'll still power it off to be sure.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
This phone is great, but its a bit crap that some features dont work, and thats its missing some very basic features as well!

Good job rest of it makes up for it!!!

wow, turned wifi and 3g off earlier and fook me its made a difference... listened to ipod on the hour long journey home... been texting and made 3 15min calls and the batt is still completely full! ok to some this may not sound great lol, but yesterday i just had to look at it and it went down lol

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
^^ Christ!!

Well I have well and truly tested the battery today!

Took it off charge at 8am, it has been connected to my WiFi all day other than 1 hour when i nipped out but I had 3G on the go.

I switched bluetooth on, configured and tested my BT headset, had an hour or so on GPS, had youtube on the go, had tunes playing almost full blast via the loud speaker for a hour or two, sent about 10 emails, checked my mails every 30mins, played a game for about 30 mins, did about 2 hour of web browsing off and on, went to my mates house and had it on his WiFi for a bit, and had tunes on whilst helping him decorate and it finally went flat at around 7:30pm!

So thats almost 12 hours from full to flat with A LOT of usage and with everything turned on!

I reckon with BT off, GPS off, and WiFi off unless needed and just regular usage it should last a good day+ which is all I want really. Anything over a day is good for me, as I've always had battery muching phones!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
^^ Christ!!

Well I have well and truly tested the battery today!

Took it off charge at 8am, it has been connected to my WiFi all day other than 1 hour when i nipped out but I had 3G on the go.

I switched bluetooth on, configured and tested my BT headset, had an hour or so on GPS, had youtube on the go, had tunes playing almost full blast via the loud speaker for a hour or two, sent about 10 emails, checked my mails every 30mins, played a game for about 30 mins, did about 2 hour of web browsing off and on, went to my mates house and had it on his WiFi for a bit, and had tunes on whilst helping him decorate and it finally went flat at around 7:30pm!

So thats almost 12 hours from full to flat with A LOT of usage and with everything turned on!

I reckon with BT off, GPS off, and WiFi off unless needed and just regular usage it should last a good day+ which is all I want really. Anything over a day is good for me, as I've always had battery muching phones!

im gonna take mine back, the battery is shiiiit on mine, yesterday had it unplugged from 3pm, by 9 pm just through txts it was flat... and not sent that many txts, seen a few reports there could be a faulty battery batch... also it wont always give me a txt alert... it will vibrate but make no noise... and yes its on loud!

if i press settings, it takes a good 10plus seconds for it to appear it is a much better phone than my original i just think i have a faulty handset...

so gonna get it replaced....

106 GTi
Mine was just vibrating for texts earlier, switched it on and off and it was fine.

How long to the first software update lol ?

Lasted another 2 days between charges again with admittedly lots more playing than with my old one which was good for 4-5 days !

Mine was just vibrating for texts earlier, switched it on and off and it was fine.

How long to the first software update lol ?

Lasted another 2 days between charges again with admittedly lots more playing than with my old one which was good for 4-5 days !

WTF! lol..

Mine wont even last a day!

Citroen DS3 DSport
Reports are that v2.0.1 is already been tested, hopefully this cures some of the minor issues introduced with v2.0

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
i upgraded it to the latest firmware... as the one it shipped with was older than the one they released on thursday... but no diff... still fucked up... i never got 4 days out my old one, longest was just over 24 hours... but i do txt alot and i use it for calls alot too... i also have a habit of pulling it out my pocket checking for txts, turning the screen off and putting it in my pocket then 10 seconds later doing it again...

pretty much always have my phone in my hand and it bugs the hell out of me that my pioneer headunit wont charge it but it will charge the old one!!!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
apple are c***s and changed the charging system on it to work with firewire, when connected to an accessory that draws audio from it, it now looks for power from another pin... will still charge off usb just not off of car audio devices... i hope pioneer fix this...

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
apple are c**ts and changed the charging system on it to work with firewire, when connected to an accessory that draws audio from it, it now looks for power from another pin... will still charge off usb just not off of car audio devices... i hope pioneer fix this...

Apple dropped firewire support for iPod quite a few iPods ago but left the firewire 12V supply for charging, they did however tell all accessory manufacturers to NOT to use the firewire supply in future accessories as it wouldn't be supported.....

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
*** Existing iPhone Users ***

So has anyone who didn't manage to get one on release day actually got any further to getting one? I put my name down with CPW on the release day, after failing to get one and have heard nothing since? Are O2 and CPW completely out of stock then?

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.

So has anyone who didn't manage to get one on release day actually got any further to getting one? I put my name down with CPW on the release day, after failing to get one and have heard nothing since? Are O2 and CPW completely out of stock then?

They're crap! lol.

just walk into a Apple store? they've had loads.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.

just walk into a Apple store? they've had loads.

He can't, I think he's an upgrader!

Citroen DS3 DSport
My iPhone battery life is doing great today, 1.5 hours usage and the battery indicator remains at full strength :)

Citroen DS3 DSport
By this time yesterday my phone was at half battery, it makes no sense. I did use the supplied charger last night rather than using the one I had from my original iPhone but I'm sure they are identical.

SLK 350
indeed, to be honest the whole situation for upgraders has been a disgrace (IMHO). It makes me laugh when they say "due to unexpected demand" what did they think? no-one would want one??

I'm not defending them, but would you really have anticipated 13,000 orders a SECOND via the website on Monday?

SLK250 CDI
indeed, to be honest the whole situation for upgraders has been a disgrace (IMHO). It makes me laugh when they say "due to unexpected demand" what did they think? no-one would want one??

I'm not defending them, but would you really have anticipated 13,000 orders a SECOND via the website on Monday?

Considering they are proposing to write off all current iPhone contracts and allow people to upgrade early (and dependent on tariff FOC), I would think it's fairly obvious that 99% of current iPhone customers are going to want to upgrade...

SLK 350

Considering they are proposing to write off all current iPhone contracts and allow people to upgrade early (and dependent on tariff FOC), I would think it's fairly obvious that 99% of current iPhone customers are going to want to upgrade...

Ok, so assuming 13,000 orders a second in the time it took you to write that reply they'd have been hit with around 2.3 million orders.

Sure it wasn't as well planned as it could have been, personally I'd like to have seen a 1-2 day period offered exclusively to existing iPony users prior to general sale, but the amount of demand was massive - 76 days to sell 1 million iPhone V1, and just 3 days to sell 1 million iPhone V2.

Ideal, no. Understandable, Yes

(IMO)