ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New iPhone this October??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
If this is real, it's changed.

bcdd18c6-d27f-f57f.jpg

I think that would be better as it irritates me on the iPad aswell, as the wire always droops over the screen, and besides it better than Blackberrys where you have to have the phone half out of the pouch/case to have headphones plugged in

Re: iPhone 5 this October??

No home button?

Edit: That's the f**king back. What a tard...

Looks smart though. Mini dock connector might be a pain in the ass for a while, but once future iPhones/iPads/iPods (does anyone even buy these any more?) adopt it everyone will have one anyway.

I don't see how it'll be a major pain.

Any phone redesign means buying more docks anyway. Original > 3G/S > 4/S has always meant they don't fit. So there will be a new dock for this one too.

There will also be some of these like Tom says..

usb_1.jpg

but in reverse.

There will be a reason to do it. Not just for the sake of it.

If the headphone jack is on the bottom, it will be quite annoying.

It's much better. It's where it is on the touch.

When you put your phone in your pocket, which way in does it go? Top first. So when you pull it out it's the right way up for you to view.

AK

M240i
Yeah, jack at the bottom is better. I don't like the wire coming across the screen when I'm using it :eek:.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

This of course is if we assume that these images are real.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.

It sure looks micro usb sized.

However, unless they deprecate line in/line out in favour of bluetooth and video in favour of airplay then it's more likely that it's just a shrunk dock connector with all the historical (iPod 1) crud removed.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.

Some sort of Micro-Thunderbolt perhaps?

No need really, you're not likely to want to hook up PC peripherals to it and it's been displayport on the iPhone dock connector for a while now anyway.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Thunderbolt would be OTT.

Power consumption would probably be mental too.

I like the look of the 'mock' pics ( top of page ) , pretty cool. For me a bigger screen would be good - not silly big , just bigger.

I'm now on a 30 day rollover with O2 for my 4 , i can upgrade when i like - it's costing £21 a month for more than what i need , but i don't want to run over so paying the extra. The next phone will have to be a whole new shape or have some serious upgrades in the 4/4s casing to make me go back to paying £50-ish a month on a phone.

Ph2 172

I know personally I'm not bothered about massive screens. Slightly bigger is fine, but if I wanted a big screen to regularly watch video on, I'd buy an iPad. This looks to go with the rumors that have been out there that they would keep the width of screen the same, and just alter the height

BMW335M/Clio200/182

It isn't.

You wont see LTE in the mass market until the middle of 2013 at a push.

Wrong.

Orange and T-Mobile (Everything Everywhere) will launch their 4G LTE network before the end of 2012.

The auction for the harmonised spectrum for other operators will go ahead for 2013 launch.

BMW335M/Clio200/182

Wrong.

Everything Everywhere has the biggest customer base in the UK and are delivering 4G LTE to market in 2012.

Stop trying to change the subject.

Why do people care so much if the dock connector changes? Seriously. Is it really a big deal? Nothing stays the same forever. Get over it IMO.

I don't understand though. Typical Apple. How is it typical Apple to change the dock connector, when they haven't changed it since like forever?

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member

I'd say it's more about changing something to make more money. Much like the 4 4s issue.

I don't want it to change as its hassle for me to change things in the car etc. but if it changes I'll be just like everyone else who will pay for new docking stations and the like.

Or just buying adapters

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Wrong.

Everything Everywhere has the biggest customer base in the UK and are delivering 4G LTE to market in 2012.

Ok, if you say so.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member

They designed the 4S to make money? Really? REALLY??

No they released the 4 then they released the 4 again with a few extra bits because they knew people would want the newest phone out. Making them more money. People got mardy about it but still bought it, people are getting mardy about the dock change but people will still buy it. And the related accessories

Wrong.

If they don't increase the maximum throughput of the internet connection then it will be a complete waste of time

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

I wouldn't respond to the guy mate, he never reads things properly.

BMW335M/Clio200/182

If they don't increase the maximum throughput of the internet connection then it will be a complete waste of time

The speed limit for internet or voice call capacity per cell site is generally dependent on the physical backhaul bandwidth available to the NodeB (the mast). Most LTE deployments will probably moving away from slower microwave links and deploying fibre or copper to the masts.

These link speeds will generally be either 1Gig or 10Gig depending on the volume of people needing to use the site. Initially your looking at 20-30Mbps per second on your handset. I'm testing and building LTE networks right now and I can tell you this works in the field at these speeds. We've also seen much higher speeds when really optimising things but that'll come later.

The benefit is also not just speed and throughput but latency and cell coverage. Round trip time to say google is almost as quick as a physical broadband line and even if you're right at the edge of the cell site with 1 bar you can still get really good throughput.

My comment was more based around the extremely restrictive QoS that TM currently use and if it will be removed completely when LTE becomes available, I highly doubt this.

Listerine & Poledo

So should I kick off at Sony, Nokia and Samsung because over the course of time I've had to buy different chargers and leads?

I mean, the cheek of it all. I know the two sonys were 5 years apart but, well, it's the cheek of the matter.

:rolleyes:

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member

It's a typical comment from a person who doesn't like Apple.

I hear these type of comments all the time.

That makes no sense, I like apple. Made my life a hell of a lot easier.

Think what you want that's what the majority of people see.

Status
Not open for further replies.