ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New iPhone this October??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Re: iPhone 5 this October??

id love to see how well siri works in america as a comparison to it here

Its much better, where am i, whats the traffic like, show me this, show me that, i fancy a burger are all examples of what works.
We wont have to wait too long, Tim has said we will get extra features after WWDC.

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member

Why has it taken so long for it to be made available in that format over here though?

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR

Siri, your portable PA...

"Siri, take this down [insert dictation]. Now, read that back to me"

Closest Android has is its voice-recognition in the search function. Useful, yes, new, no.

i just tried it and it doesnt work?

Samsung mate. I love having a phone the same size as my laptop.

yeah i dont get that, live in a world where we can make things physically tiny but we still want bigger,

for instance the galaxy note is far to big, okay it makes texting easier and you can see photos better but it makes it more difficult to carry, and it looks like you are carrying a big bar of dairy milk in your pocket

An orange one

So, dilemma, I'm in the market for a high end speaker dock in the next couple of months, either zeppelin or Phillips ds9000/12,

My music is all on both my iPad2 and iPhone 4, both these docks obviously use the current style connectors..

If apple change it for the 5, this would render these devices useless for my new phone when it comes out, without an unsightly adaptor....leaving me the option of using the dock with iPad only, which the zeppelin doesn't support anyways,

Evo 5 RS

http://9to5mac.com/2012/05/29/report-apples-ios-6-maps-app-with-3d-mapping-gets-rendered-photos/

Fckin' sweeeeet. Pointless but still

apple-maps-ios-6-3d-summer.jpg

S3, Polo

Similar width and thickness (I imagine, once the screen is on) and it looks like it's going to have a really odd screen ratio?

[youtube]8XY841RAY4Y[/youtube]

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member

Aren't these rumours too strong too early for an expected Oct release?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Very nice. Quite long.

Love the more "steely" look about it. Fancied White this time actually.

We'll see.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR

Rumours maybe that Apple might be dropping Google Maps

Clio 182 FF

Better do something big had my iPhone 4 for 2 years now and due an upgrade. Not keen on the 4S as its only slightly faster... iOS 6 better be good or better yet iPhone 5 else I'm moving to the dark side and getting the Samsung S3.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Better do something big had my iPhone 4 for 2 years now and due an upgrade. Not keen on the 4S as its only slightly faster... iOS 6 better be good or better yet iPhone 5 else I'm moving to the dark side and getting the Samsung S3.

Lol. Words, I have none.

I have to laugh at how many phones HTC, Samsung and Nokia come out with.

Apple concentrate on making 1 very good phone instead of 5 mediocre ones.

Listerine & Poledo

Apple concentrate on making 1 very good phone instead of 5 mediocre ones.

I'm going to have to agree here. Even as a non-Apple user, I can appreciate that if you're going to release a product, get it right first time and then you dont need to keep trying to better it every 6 weeks.

Of course, if iOS was more open then it could spark competition, but that's not going to happen... and why should it

Spark competition? You mean like Apple (once again) setting the standard that all others have aspired to?

I think people forget what phones were like before Apple entered the market with their first handset.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Spark competition? You mean like Apple (once again) setting the standard that all others have aspired to?

I think people forget what phones were like before Apple entered the market with their first handset.

I remember it. I had a BB Bold 9000. Tough times.

Listerine & Poledo

Nokia E51.

Proper, actual phone. Did all sorts of stuff that a phone should.... and nothing more. Ran forever on one charge.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Thats still my work phone. Since 2007.

Listerine & Poledo

That's because it's super hyper badass.

Had an E65 after that, it wasn't the same

An orange one

That's a stunning looking rear case! Let's hope it comes out like that!

Looks real classy and expensive!

Status
Not open for further replies.