ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New iPhone this October??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Re: iPhone 5 this October??

Then the majority (which you just made up) are idiots.

You and I both know that the general public are idiots and they all think that the 4 4s issue was to make apple more money because there are a lot of people out there who will buy the newest phone out. And of course they did, apple are a business at the end of the day so if they know that then they're going to exploit it

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

What issue?

You know the 4S is incredibly different from the 4 right?

Rav4

You and I both know that the general public are idiots and they all think that the 4 4s issue was to make apple more money because there are a lot of people out there who will buy the newest phone out. And of course they did, apple are a business at the end of the day so if they know that then they're going to exploit it

Don't think many people think like that do they?

I think the 4 had issues, yes. They should have not been there, but hey.

The 4s, even though it's the same shape* it's completely different, everything about it.

The reason why so many people complained about the 4S and the iPad3, is because they virtually look no different to it's pre-predecessors' and people like showing off.

But yes, it is full of idiots.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member

Ffs yes I do! But joe public don't! Hence all they see is a money making scheme by "slightly upgrading" the old model.

I have a 4s I know the difference before you start I'm going off what I've heared the majority of people Ive spoken to (idiots apparently) have said.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member

I give up with you, sick of your attitude towards people! Your a member of admin that should be leading by example so quit trying to pick holes in what I'm saying!

I said from the beginning people will complain, they will say it's just a money making scheme by apple but they will still buy new stuff that is brought out to suit their new phone. Same with the 4s people complained its just a 4 with a few new gadgets, people still bought it. Including myself!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member

He was really just asking a question and encouraging discussion mate.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

I give up with you, sick of your attitude towards people! Your a member of admin that should be leading by example so quit trying to pick holes in what I'm saying!

He is. Despite that terrible sentence construction.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member

From here it just looks like he's trying to be right all the time. A discussion would be nice on here but thats a rarity, expesially if it involves apple or a gramatical error!

Edit: nice one Tom for proving that, thanks

Either way I'm out. Hope the new iPhone is as special as the others and convinces me to upgrade

Rah rah rah. Same old s**t.

Someone posts something that's completely wrong. I correct them. Then it's bad man Admin.

You say you want a discussion but you just throw your toys out the pram and then pretend to leave because you'll still post again.

If you don't want to be corrected, don't post things that are wrong. It's quite simple.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Because apple fans already make the decision to buy the new model before its even out.

Think about that statement for a second.

I'm fairly certain you said it to get some sort of reaction, but in essence you've hit the nail firmly on the head.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member

Rah rah rah. Same old s**t.

Someone posts something that's completely wrong. I correct them. Then it's bad man Admin.

You say you want a discussion but you just throw your toys out the pram and then pretend to leave because you'll still post again.

If you don't want to be corrected, don't post things that are wrong. It's quite simple.

Lol 2 from 2!

Having read back there seems to be a misunderstanding. Either way I don't care and stand by what I said about you!

My initial post was answering Roy's question about why people are complaining about a dock change. That seems to have been taken out of context.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG

It will nice to see some asphetic changes, and especially nice to see a dock change. I will probably get this version of iPhone tbh. Htc have wound me up a little too far now.

Either way I don't care and stand by what I said about you!

Yeah. That's fine.

I think you're one of the new breed of CS idiots who can't spell and posts without knowing what he's talking about.

Everyone has opinions of people.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member

Excellent! Glad we are on the same page!

Ohh please do excuse my poor grammar my iPhone likes to change a lot of it without me noticing! How fitting

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member

Turn that option off. Or stop making excuses ;)

I don't know how to, because I don't know what I'm talking about. Hopefully the new iPhone will have a feature that can tap into your brain and correct your spelling and write exactly what we want? I doubt it but it would be good. Perhaps a decline in idiots who cant spell on forums then! :) First world problem solved right there!

Evo 5 RS

I was skeptical of the 4S but the processor and graphics chip alone make a massive difference and are nothing alike. I've no idea why they didn't just call it the 5, it definitely put me off at first

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

I was skeptical of the 4S but the processor and graphics chip alone make a massive difference and are nothing alike. I've no idea why they didn't just call it the 5, it definitely put me off at first

Its because of the previous naming i assume. Anyway, you are right about the difference.

Evo 5 RS

The only thing that holds true to the 'for the sake of it' argument IMO is the fact that Apple claim Siri wouldn't run very well on the 4 due to the processor. Which I think is a little bit cheeky. If you can run Infinity Blade on both handsets I highly doubt it'd be that difficult. Regardless 4S is still worth it

im sure i read somewhere that the A4 chip couldn't handle siri, but it has successfully been ported through jailbreak so it it must be able to handle it, i believe siri was the POS for the 4S,

as the general public dont appreciate the technology that has been improved in the 4S, so they had to make something obvious for them to go wow look at that

Evo 5 RS

Yep, that's what was being said in the beginning. Plus the FAQ says this:

Siri uses the processing power of the dual-core A5 chip in iPhone 4S, and it uses 3G and Wi-Fi networks to communicate rapidly with Apple’s data centers. So it can quickly understand what you say and what you’re asking for, then quickly return a response.

I've never known of any voice recognition software that needs two cores. I know it's clutching at straws though, I'd never go back to a 4

It does work on the 4 but Apple kept it 4S for several reasons.

I think I've used it half a dozen times. I ask it what the time is in places or to convert things. But most of the time I just end up typing it myself.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

I use it in the car a lot. Good for texting.

Its fantastic in the US.

Not really. People aren't picking a phone/tablet instead of the other.

You don't really interact with an iPad in the same way you do your iPhone.

I use it in the car a lot. Good for texting.

Its fantastic in the US.

didn't think of that use, that makes it so much easier and safer, i would of probably come across it if i had a 4S,

but i couldn't justify getting it as i dont use the 4 to its full potential, and i could live without siri

Its not as handy on the iPad. makes sense.

yeah maybe its not due to having wifi versions and also the use they get in comparison to the phone,

but it wouldn't of took much to put it on as they managed to put dictation on it (which i have never used), but if they did put it on im sure it would of sold more units, as im sure consumers just thought its got a better screen big deal!

Listerine & Poledo

Siri, your portable PA...

"Siri, take this down [insert dictation]. Now, read that back to me"

Closest Android has is its voice-recognition in the search function. Useful, yes, new, no.

Clio 172
"apperantlly" it's available on the iPad2 through JB. Think I might try it later, it's not amazing but would be fun

Status
Not open for further replies.