ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New iPhone this October??

Status
Not open for further replies.
  An orange one
Re: iPhone 5 this October??

I would like the new one to have a bigger screen tbh. The iPad has sort of ruined the phone for me a bit lol.

If they made the handset just a bit larger and had the screen going to the very edge of the handset then I think they'd get away with it :)

Ill probably buy it tbh

I kinda have to agree here, since owning an iPad I can't now type on the iPhone to save myself, and I used to be very quick at typing on it, on the average text message now I'll have to go back and correct 2 or 3 times

I'm on a rolling contract now. It'll be a tough decision for me. Either keep my 4 and pay £15pm or upgrade and have a real contract again lol.

Ford Focus ST2

My phone is now dead, so i am thinking of getting the 4s for now and putting it on ebay in a few months, then upgrading to the 5

Astra (H) VXR
They were released when the 4S was a rumour, LOL!

Hahaha fair enough, I was just browsing google... It will probs end up being a 4GS next and look exactly the same
Just to disappoint the world once more!

CBR1000RR Fireblade

As mentioned previous, it won't.

It will be "the new iPhone"

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

I'll be going on a rolling contract at the end of this month with my 4 and will just wait however long it takes.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD

I always roll on sim only contracts, upgrading when I want FTW.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member

And dishing out £500 for a handset?

FTL.

i paid around the 400 mark from memory for my N8, just punted it after 18 months for £150, means in theory the phone cost me £250, thats what, £13 or there abouts a month, on a £10 sim only contract with 500 minutes, unlimited txts and internet, so £23 a month all in, the same contract on the same network on any top of the range smartphone would be costing me £35 a month? i dunno never really looked into current contracts, id say doing it this way has probably saved me over a tenner a month over 18 months, plus ive got an unlocked non branded handset that gets the latest software updates on release day, with no features removed etc. i usually change every 6 months but i liked this one!

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German

Heard this is going to be the new iphone..
the-new-iphone5-277x300.gif

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German

I love that, keep looking at the latest samsungs etc and i like the size of the screen. A little bigger than the 4 would be great.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member

Step backwards in case design IMO.

They went forward from the 3 to the 4 I hope they improve on the 5 and not go backwards. I don't doubt it'll be great but that image does nothing for me

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member

I think it's looks amazing like this... :(

the-new-iphone-51.png

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I hate the feeling of brushed aluminium. Kinda hope it's not like that one lol.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member

It won't look anything like any of them but the one I posted is beautiful. It's a stunning piece of art technology =, maybe not to use everyday but to sit and look pretty, that's unbeatable imo.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German

Fingers crossed for the see through one.

Has to be made out of some sort of glass that can project and become something like out of iron man. 100% sure it will be.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member

Didnt know they made see through batteries and microchips? ;)

Would be cool tho

S3, Polo

The mock-up in Revels post makes it look like a flattened, rubberised 3GS (from the back) with the front from an SGS but with a droopy home button. No thanks.

Gallys pic looks the prettiest to my eye, buy it's unlikely to be that thin in reality.

LY 182

Had the 4 since launch. Contract runs out 1st of August.

Want to get off Vodafone so will be cancelling contract, find some cheap PAYG deal for the 4 and then get the 5 on a new contract with a better provider.

182 FF, A6 Avant

IMO, it will have a slightly larger screen. They need to do something other than a case refresh and hardware bump. My money goes on a slight increase to a 4" screen. No bigger than that though.

The brushed ally 'Air' style case back looks nice. I'm not sure we'll see this though because of the impact on signal strength.

An orange one

Not feeling that image by revels,

Looks like any other generic android phone, cheap and boring

182 FF, A6 Avant

They don't need to do that at all.

No?

IMO, I find that the form factor feels like it's starting to get left behind a fraction. I work with all sorts of handsets day in and day out and, for me at least, the ideal size is slightly larger than present. Perhaps it's my personal preference leading my thoughts? I just recall the rather lacklustre reception the 4S had.

I know it will sell out no matter what they do. They could shape it like a turd and call it the iShit, people would still buy it!

(I'm an iPhone user btw!)

Status
Not open for further replies.