ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New iPhone this October??

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Listerine & Poledo
Now they just weep into their own mobiles because they can't afford their mobile bill.

Unless pre-pay, which is, let's face it, favela

Like the look of that prototype. We were told a few snippets about prep for launch today, which 2 dates floating around, C4 classification which is abit grim. But nothing concrete on spec etc - obviously as they never tell us.

Seriously, all you had to do back then when chatting up a wench, was give her your 'mobile' number. Didn't matter if you were ugly.

People easily forget that this was back in the day when the other option was them phoning your mum.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
I'm on £10 a month pay as you go now. No more contracts etc. if I like the new iPhone I'll just buy it from apple.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Don't get why you guys aren't on cashback deals. My line rental is the equivalent of 2.99 a month.

Leon Cupra 300
I'm not.. Upgrade every 12 months. I'm on 1200 O2 so it's only around £50. Sell old phone for 250-300 to go towards the next years line retals. After paying for phone im only paying line rental for 8 months at the most. And that's all it costs.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
But Vodafone are f**king s**t. I barely get a hint of 3G with them anywhere! Can't wait to move back to O2 or Orange. They were the best all round for signal. Plus I can't wait to upgrade my 4, some days the home button issue really grinds my gears!

Bus w**ker
But Vodafone are f**king s**t. I barely get a hint of 3G with them anywhere! Can't wait to move back to O2 or Orange. They were the best all round for signal. Plus I can't wait to upgrade my 4, some days the home button issue really grinds my gears!

Have to agree, Voda has easily been the worst network I've been with. Data network is pretty much f**king useless, customer services (at least first and second level) are w**k and stupid hidden charges like "long text" f**k me right off. If O2 would just hurry up and release the f**king Boost Box to none business customers I'd be back with them in a shot but for now I'm stuck with Voda, well unless I get decent O2 signal when I move house shortly. Orange can go suck a dick though.

2014 Clio 200t edc
I totally agree with the Vodafone comment. Absolute garbage!! I think they are te worst network for Iphone!! Sketchy 3G signal, sketchy signal I'll stop most of the time!! O2 iPhone, perfect everywhere!! I can't even walk in a shop without losing all signal, my O2 iPhone never did that!!

AK

M240i
Have to agree, Voda has easily been the worst network I've been with. Data network is pretty much f**king useless, customer services (at least first and second level) are w**k and stupid hidden charges like "long text" f**k me right off. If O2 would just hurry up and release the f**king Boost Box to none business customers I'd be back with them in a shot but for now I'm stuck with Voda, well unless I get decent O2 signal when I move house shortly. Orange can go suck a dick though.

Long text?!

Bus w**ker
Only found I've been stung for it lately, but it turns out that when you send a normal pauper text over a certain amount of characters (can't remember the limit now) that Voda kindly charge you the price of a MMS for sending it. So much for f**king unlimited free texts, thieving c**ts.

Bus w**ker
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

Ditch the paupers, IMO.

f**k that, most are hot girls...you wouldn't understand. Plus none of my fam are down with the iPhone.

Holy crap! That's sneaky!

Cant wait to be off them now in feb

No doubt it's hidden in T&Cs somewhere, but still its a piss take. How can something be unlimited...but have a limit? Voda blame it on their infrastructure, strange that I never got stung for it on Orange or O2...

It's not sneaky, it's in the Terms on your contract under messages. Just no one reads it, I wouldn't if I didn't work there.

I'll do some digging tomorrow and get you a proper answer, sometimes it's the handset and settings that switch it to an MMS. But I'll find out.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
<3 Vodafone. Really have been awesome for years now. I know t comes down to service etc but they have been fantastic over the years. I'd never consider changing.

Who the feck pays £45 per month for a phone contract these days! Jesus H!

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
I used to be a big fan of voda when I moved to them about3 years ago. They're slowly getting worse.

They used to have awesome singal down here, it's becoming very poor now, this sneaky little long text thing and the fact they don't do, and are not planning on doing an all you can eat data plan. Had the cheek to ring me up the other week too trying to give me an extra 750mb of data for the best part of £9 a month extra!

Jog on. Will buy the 5 from apple like I did the 4 then move to another network in feb when my contract ends

Bus w**ker
Voda are amazing (signal and data wise) in Spain, just England where they suck f**king ass. So maybe it's foreign countries, Kevin, where they excel?

Never above 25mpg
I'll be going with O2 this year on the new iPhone. Won't get the priority things at IOW festival but least of my worries!

Not to change the subject or jump on the bandwagon but I'll be getting my PAC code when my contract's up!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Voda are amazing (signal and data wise) in Spain, just England where they suck f**king ass. So maybe it's foreign countries, Kevin, where they excel?

Lols! c**t! It's Britain although I agree in Spain they are awesome! Their customer service is much better than any i've come across in the market place,

Mondial 172Cup (A/C)
It's not sneaky, it's in the Terms on your contract under messages. Just no one reads it, I wouldn't if I didn't work there.

I'll do some digging tomorrow and get you a proper answer, sometimes it's the handset and settings that switch it to an MMS. But I'll find out.

I the terms of the contract, however, Vodafone are the only network to do this. And as its unheard of, it's not commonly known. Sneaky IMO.

Their customer service is awful, and I really feel for the guys in my local store, they have decided to create a ”casual” atmosphere by changing their uniform for just a red shirt... Some of them wearing awful flare jeans and doc marten shoes... They have changed their store layout which coincidently resembles that of an Apple Store... They also have a guy stood by the door holding an iPad greeting customers.. Now where have I seen that before??.....

We also have Vodafone advisors in apple stores. It's an agreement we have with them. Go figure :)

I the terms of the contract, however, Vodafone are the only network to do this. And as its unheard of, it's not commonly known. Sneaky IMO.

Their customer service is awful, and I really feel for the guys in my local store, they have decided to create a ”casual” atmosphere by changing their uniform for just a red shirt... Some of them wearing awful flare jeans and doc marten shoes... They have changed their store layout which coincidently resembles that of an Apple Store... They also have a guy stood by the door holding an iPad greeting customers.. Now where have I seen that before??.....

How do you know we aren't planning? Because you've asked customer care.

I can't say anything but don't speak to soon.

I used to be a big fan of voda when I moved to them about3 years ago. They're slowly getting worse.

They used to have awesome singal down here, it's becoming very poor now, this sneaky little long text thing and the fact they don't do, and are not planning on doing an all you can eat data plan. Had the cheek to ring me up the other week too trying to give me an extra 750mb of data for the best part of £9 a month extra!

Jog on. Will buy the 5 from apple like I did the 4 then move to another network in feb when my contract ends

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Your right I don't, I'm only going off what the guy who phoned me up said after he couldn't offer me anything I wanted.

He wasn't customer care, more like sales. He sounded pretty confident that voda weren't going to be offering an unlimited data plan anytime soon. That's by the by anyway because the signal has gone pants and it doesn't fulfill what I require in a contract. Can't wait to be contract less tbh

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
You'll see all you can eat data on voda soon. Probably not on iPhone plans and probably not until the O2 sharing deal is finalised.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Well I have an iPhone plan with them so I won't see it.

3 have far better coverage down here than they used to so may move to them.

Whats the O2 sharing deal? Something like the t-mobile - orange thing I imagine?

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Care to elaborate? I know this wont be "without a catch"

http://www.e2save.com/mobile-phone/...Asha-300.html?network=3&tariffcode=3EO22JUL11

They have changed their offers but once in a while you get a sub £10 offer. Every 3/12 you send your bill for cash back. If your a r****d and cant use a calendar and send the wrong one you miss out. But i havent missed one this year!!

Its only worth doing for an iphone if the effective monthly cost is low as my 32GB 4s cost a lot , but inspite of that i am paying £25 including the cost of the phone.

LY 182

^^ This is pretty much my situation exactly.

Contract expired now though (well in a couple days). Joining the SIM only mob tomorrow on GiffGaff so hopefully that signal will prove much better. Several mates on the O2 network and they always seem to have full bar when I'm struggling so I'm optimistic.

Was on O2 and a work mate is on Voda. We travel the entire UK with work and his signal was better for 3G 9 times out of 10. I got sick of poor data coverage so switched to T Mobile, all you can eat jobby. Can't say I've ever seen the phone not have 3G and the signal strength is usually better then Voda. The Orange sharing thing works well too.

O2 and Voda have about 80% 3G coverage, TMob/Orange is around 93%. For me travelling a lot, data is the number 1 priority.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I'm with Roy on this one, buying the handset out right and finding a decent sim deal is definately the future. I will be using my exsisting giffgaff sim in the new handset when it's released. I'm enjoying being contract free.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Was on O2 and a work mate is on Voda. We travel the entire UK with work and his signal was better for 3G 9 times out of 10. I got sick of poor data coverage so switched to T Mobile, all you can eat jobby. Can't say I've ever seen the phone not have 3G and the signal strength is usually better then Voda. The Orange sharing thing works well too.

O2 and Voda have about 80% 3G coverage, TMob/Orange is around 93%. For me travelling a lot, data is the number 1 priority.

About 80%, Around 93%? Hmm.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Only found I've been stung for it lately, but it turns out that when you send a normal pauper text over a certain amount of characters (can't remember the limit now) that Voda kindly charge you the price of a MMS for sending it. So much for f**king unlimited free texts, thieving c**ts.

Wow that's incredible, especially considering that a long text is just a series of normal texts with a header in the "user data" portion.

Long texts are no different to the network as it's the sending phone that splits and the receiving phone that reassembles the parts as they arrive, so quite why they feel the need to charge differently for them is, erm, baffling.

In 7-bit mode sending a maxed out long text (concatenated sms - ~40,000 characters) as opposed to the same message split into 160 character chunks (sent "separately") would add an overhead of 1530 or 9.56 extra texts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.