ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New iPhone this October??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: iPhone 5 this October??

Of course, but a lot of people were disappointed the 4S didnt do more.

So it seems to me that this has to be a big step up. Like version 5, rather than 4.2 for example. But what more can a phone do!?

Well personally, I wasn't disappointed with the 4S really. Maybe at first, but only because I didn't really feel the need to upgrade, as my 4 was still fairly new and did everything I needed (still does). That maybe reinforces your point, but I'll be getting the new one regardless, and I'm sure that some 4S owners won't, so it's no big deal. In fact, if anything, Apple's two-stage incremental upgrade strategy actually favours most owners, as the interim upgrade doesn't instantly render the older machine obsolete.

I see your point, but if we all purchased phones based on that rationale, I'd still have my original iPhone. Actually I still do, but I don't use it.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

More battery life would be great too! Doubt that'll happen though.

Bigger screen = more internal space = bigger battery.

Then

Bigger screen = more power consumption = Bigger battery required.

Cant win.

You also need to remember that while it looks the same the 4S is MASSIVELY different considering what its capable of and its internals, its really really not a small upgrade at all.

I don't care about the battery life anyway. My 4 easily runs for three days without a charge.

It's actually amusing to power up my original 2007 iPhone. Firstly the screen looks terrible (after retina) but you instantly notice how much slower it is. Not just in responsiveness, but the frame rate is serial sluggish. Comparatively of course - at the time it was amazing.

I try to keep all my old handsets. The only one I ever sold was my Ericsson EH237. Eight hours standby, no SMS. Bowler in its day though.

Evo 5 RS

lol ^

I upgraded the battery in my 4 anyway, lasted for absoloutely donkeys years. Didn't tell the buyer I'd changed it either, must of thought it was powered by happy thoughts.

processor, bigger screen, faster GPU are a few reasons for starters. Do you need it? Probably not.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
iOS6 is a big enough reason for me for the first time since the 3G not to upgrade my phone and I haven't owned a non-apple phone since before the 3G.

Nice hardware, slick software but software that is seriously starting to become deficient in its feature set.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I can't wait that long.

I have to have it before Tom as per our annual tradition.

I would like to be contract free right enough. Not decided what i'm doing. See what the pricing is like.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Win

bcdd18c6-a291-2a73.jpg

Bowlers roll SIM-free unlocked, and it costs them less over the period anyway. I'm on 02 Simplicity, and I'll just buy the handset from Apple.

Mercedes
Tom how do you get to upgrade so early when you got yours 4S on launch day the same as me?

Mine says this

644e4806.jpg

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Contract schomtract. Unlocked handset equals do what I want. Simplicity suits that.

Sort of, Vodafone have pretty much paid me. £31 a month £200 cashback with the 4S on launch day and they will give me the "5" as an upgrade for less than buying it outright. My 4S was unlocked 3 days after I got it, for free.

Yes i lack the freedom of a sim only but i get the best of both worlds.

Truffs, because im a pimp.

Sort of, Vodafone have pretty much paid me. £31 a month £200 cashback with the 4S on launch day and they will give me the "5" as an upgrade for less than buying it outright. My 4S was unlocked 3 days after I got it, for free.

Yes i lack the freedom of a sim only but i get the best of both worlds.

Truffs, because im a pimp.

Yeah that sounds cool. I was only really commenting on my individual status. Nothing to do with your deal. Unlocked handset + 02 Simplicity is maximum win though IMO.

I'm still happy with my 4, deliberately didn't try out a 4s incase I got the urge to change for the sake of it. Can't decide whether I'll just pick up the 5 as it's about time I had a new toy or be sensible and keep the cash for something more desperate.

An orange one
I'll be getting one, sim free as I'm on simplicity with my 4 anyways.. Ill never pay £40+ per month for an O2 contract again plus have to pay £100ish for the phone, it's false economy!

My rule is always with apple devices, white everything except black phones, just looks cooler on a phone and less "camp" ;) lol

Status
Not open for further replies.