ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Lens = New Pics

1.8 Civic EX
So i got myself a nice new lens for my olympus. sigma 24mm f1.8 and finally got a chance to take it out last weekend. Got some ok results, not used a lens like this before, always used lens with a bit of zoom on them so a fixed one was bit of a challenge.

I also managed to drop my 70-300 from about chest hight onto the tarmac which wasn't too clever!! lucky enough that only the lens cap broke :eek: was rather impressed that it still works!

anyway, heres some pics, more on my Flickr. www.flickr.com/ryan172

C&C welcome and any tips etc for improving would be great :)

4382709318_024680a41d_b.jpg

4382034193_f2134dfa9f_b.jpg

4382806782_1b032128c2_b.jpg

and my fav from the day...

4382050293_ac7ab5317b_b.jpg

1.8 Civic EX
cheers guys. took me an age of staring at the last pic before I could see the elephant in it lol

<3 you to :eek:

Pics are good, how come you went for the 24mm f/1.8 and not the 30mm f/1.4?

To be honest it was the focal length that done it for me and the miinimum focusing distance is much closer on this one too which is good as I'd like to have a go at some decent Macro stuff too at some point.

I was also very impressed with the guy in the shop too, was most helpfull. Would recommend the place to anyone although probably a fair ol' treck for some of you.

http://www.parkcameras.com/ the shop is like a hidden treasure trove of camera equipment and it's the first one I've been in where they had an abundance of four thirds fit lenses in stock and on the shelves for you to try. Real helpful people and loads of staff so no waiting to be served etc.

Price's ain't too bad either!