ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Megane 2022

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Apparently, concept = 95% of the final car.
R.S. version should be nippy, with the 'standard' car coming with 220hp.

18304-RenaultMeganeeVision1.jpg

1602774982142.jpg

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
No, don't think so. Dimensions (height & length) are the same as current Megane. Still a C-segment (Captur, Kadjar cover off SUV).

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Looks awful, give me a Renaultsport 275 any day. Just can't imagine a hot hatch sounding good ever again with all the s**t they have in the exhauts and ECUs these days.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
It will look 5% like that - they got it the wrong way round

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
95% final? I doubt that.
Came straight out of the CEOs mouth so there will be some explaining to do if it looks completely different. Using a more recent example, remember the Alpine A110 concept looked a bit alien when revealed but the concept was basically the road car with small tweaks for EU regulations.

RS Clio 182
And this is why the R26 is ageing so well and starting to look quite unique...new cars are so ugly these days. I'll always prefer the sharp angles to all these bubble cars of today.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Came straight out of the CEOs mouth so there will be some explaining to do if it looks completely different. Using a more recent example, remember the Alpine A110 concept looked a bit alien when revealed but the concept was basically the road car with small tweaks for EU regulations.
Yes he did say that towards the end. I bet the 5% they change is the body 🤣🤣.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
So the Megane is now an SUV.

Sooner the govt started putting green taxes on all these suvs the better.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
What a disgusting fat heap of s**t.

But enough about me, the Megane looks absolutely awful, and in fact should just be renamed the Karen, because that’s exactly what they want from a car.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
The vanilla megane is a rare sight on our roads. This is aimed squarely at the cashcow c***s. Unfortunately I don't mind the looks of it 😂. I'll hold off for the Alpine 5 though.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
The size is because of the batteries. Look at the polestar etc size.

Essentially everything is now the kadjar!

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
60kWh is never doing 300 miles. Peugeot have 50kWh in the 208 (and Corsa), real world is under 200 and thats in a smaller car.

Around 200 is more likely for the 60, range of the 40 will be a joke for a car of that size.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Would rather spunk £4999 on a shitter of a rover than drive that.

What we need to remember is that Renault sport is no more -

"Renault Sport is no more. The team that over the years has given us some of the finest hot hatchbacks will henceforth be known as Alpine Cars, in recognition of its position within Renault’s newly established Alpine “Business Unit”.
On a practical level little will change – the 300-strong Renault Sport team still exists, only now it’s working under the Alpine umbrella. But it does appear that from now on, thanks to the name change, fast Renaults will wear Alpine badges instead of Renault Sport ones. No news on what that means for the existing Megane R.S….
The Alpine “Business Unit”, announced back in January, effectively combines Alpine, Renault Sport and Renault’s motorsport operation into one entity. The next-gen Alpine product it’s developing includes an electric hot hatch, an electric crossover, and, together with Lotus, an electric replacement for the A110.
Laurent Rossi, Alpine’s CEO, said: “As part of the reorganisation of the Renault Group by brand, it is essential that the various entities that make up the Business Unit bear the Alpine name and embody the values and ambitions of the brand. Alpine aims to be a premium sports brand at the forefront of innovation and technology. Alpine Cars with its expertise and experience in sports vehicles is a master card in achieving our goals.”

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
60kWh is never doing 300 miles. Peugeot have 50kWh in the 208 (and Corsa), real world is under 200 and thats in a smaller car.

Around 200 is more likely for the 60, range of the 40 will be a joke for a car of that size.
Hmmm! What size are Renault batteries...

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
I really don't understand all this sub-brand nonsense. Total waste of time and money. Does anyone care that a Leon Cupra is now a Cupra Leon, or that a Mégane Renault Sport will be an Alpine Mégane? I fully expect it will all be ditched in the future.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Imagine what the looms and fuses would look like on those after 2 years

It won't be just a "i got water in my UCH, now the car doesn't start"

Itll be more like "water got into the main fuse and my car melted with my 3 kids inside"🤦‍♂️

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Crazy that a company with the heritage and history of Renault is now probably worse than Kia and Hyundai.

Crazy that they spent decades creating a properly decent in-house tuning division, one which had genuine respect worldwide. So willing to just piss it all up the wall in an instant.

so the megane will be an SUV, the kajar will be an SUV, the Koleos will be an SUV, the Captur will be an SUV and the Arkana will be an SUV....

Tragic coming from the company that brought us this video :ROFLMAO:
View attachment 1556436

Doing exactly what Mitsubishi did, make nothing but generic SUV's.

The same company thats now pulled out of the entire UK market cos no-one wants their f**king tripe.