ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New member from Manchester with probably a silly question!

Renault Megane 2.0
Ive only recently joined the site for some advise on a problem with my new 182. Turns out it was the lambda and a couple of good people from on here saved me a fortune as Renault wanted to do £650 of work that Ive fixed for £90!

Anyway Ive been reading about "meets" and it might sounds stupid but what is a meet (ive worked out as far as it being people with clio's meeting before any smart arse responses :rasp:)... but what actually goes on or is it as simple as people getting together to show off and talk about their cars?

PS This is the first time ive owned a Clio and in the 2 weeks ive had it, i think its got to be the most fun ive had in a car... well the front anyway!

Clioside.jpg

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Welcome m8!

Whereabouts in M/Cr are you? I'm in between Bury and Rochdale myself, but originally from Ashton-under-Lyne.

This area (well, the North West - norfbest ;)) has probably one of the most active meets section on here. Meets can vary from a specific reason such as a rolling road day or purely just a social meet up and natter.

Well worth popping along to one anyway. :)

D.

Renault Megane 2.0
Im from Audenshaw originally (if you know Ashton you'll probably know it). I wouldnt mind coming down to a meet at some point I just have no idea how they are arranged and how to find out about them...?

check on the forum and you'll see them posted under northbest, probs best signing up as a proper member too so u get all the benefits of the club.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Im from Audenshaw originally (if you know Ashton you'll probably know it). I wouldnt mind coming down to a meet at some point I just have no idea how they are arranged and how to find out about them...?

Aye - I know it well - got refused a place at Audenshaw High as my secondary school of choice. ;)

As Naith says - your best bet is to sign up and become a full member. Access All Areas and that. :)

D.

Renault Megane 2.0
Yeah I'll get signed up properly... + the bottle opener looks pretty cool!

Although becoming a full member may have a significant effect on my general production at work...... aaaaahhhhhhhhh well eh!! :D

Arctic 182
Evening –*i'm from manchester too, live in the city centre (well just down the road from Renault Manchester!) , although am missing a 182 at the moment –*should have one sorted by the start of October so definitely up for meeting everyone…

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
Alright I'm from Manchester aswell (unfortunatly)

I used to live in romiley now live in Chorlton near te centre, I know a few mates who went audenshaw boys school who live in denton and the northwest meets are alright actually, just like a mini show and tell really.

Lynden

from manc too, Sale area. the meets are usually a good laugh, someone usually has a story or two to tell.

Last edited:
  recaro'd arctic 182
Naith, i would like to know how i actually earned mine. just for reference. in the event of my original one falling off, i will have a foresight into whats needed to replace said sticker.

well usually you have to do a few nights out and get in the spirit but you attend meets alot and do well so your entitled.

if i sound picky and pretentious then i am ;) x

M135i
i havent been on here in a while, since when has there been a norftbsest sticker ?? and anyone have pics ??

i want i want i wantt !!!

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
my girlfriend lives in audenshaw, i work in ashton and i live in failsworth. never been to a meet cause im pretty new here too. and becoming a member on here was very detrimental to my work.

Renault Megane 2.0
Anybody else dying this morning?? I have no idea why I do this to myself every weekend!!!

Renault Megane 2.0
Im literally dragging myself through the day today! Although im sure it wont stop me wanting to do exactly the same thing next weekend once this wears off!