ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new member from mexico

clio 172
hello my name is daniel and i'm a happy owner of an 172. sometimes i have visited your site and i have seen many beautiful clios . i belong to clioclub mexico and i will like to be in contact with you because i need you to share with me some ideas to modify my 172 .

i hope to hear from you soon.

Clio DCi 65
Mate,

Personally, think some anthracite turini's would make your car look awesom! but hey, call me common!

didnt kno they had clio's in mexico?!

clio sport 172hp
Hi Danilors,

Nice to see another Mexican Pal

It’s been a while since the last time I logged in.

Hope you’re doing great and enjoying your car. I got my 172 since Dic 2013 and it’s been more in repairing than actually running, but unfortunately there’s no 172 for sale in good conditions anymore.

My Idea was to get it and every now and then having some fun fixing and refurbishing as I really enjoy mechanics.

Oooh boy!! how wrong I was.. jajaja nothing fun to discover that Renault dealers are not capable of understand what is a dephaser pulley... and see how quite expensive is to fix these cars in Mexico. No specialized handcraft, Renault dealers and service sucks as they are only "change oil and filters" guys..

I decided to commit myself in fixing this pretty little rocket. It’s been almost two years since then. I have not enough time because of my Job.

It’s not my daily use car (have a corsa B with F16D3 swapped engine and F17cr374 tranny) it’s cheap and goes really quick.

I call it Cleo. I really love it and it’s the best thing Ive ever driven.

When I bought it was so BAD (bad tires, really bad suspension, shaking steering, no lights, bad brakes, really bad idling.....) and even though I reached more than 220Km/H that day on a freeway. I knew it would be worth it to repair it.

I started with lights, drive belt tensioner, tires and new absorbers (OEM).

2.jpg
3.jpg

After getting this done, I could notice that the arness of the ECU (wngine wiring loom) was so bad!!! I couldn’t believe it!!

WHY Renault!!!! Why so BAD quality!!!!!! the insulation fall apart in pieces!!!! Just by touching the wires!!!!

Then the best part.. I call to the Renault dealer (second call) asked for the price ant they told me it cost 1100 USD Dollars and 4 weeks lead time..

jajajajajajajajajajajajajaja...

Pointed!!!

Bought a corsa B wiring loom and refurbished it from the ECU to each electric component on the engine. Took me 18 hours of hard work, =D

Started the engine after that and everything was perfect. (Idling still bad)
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg

keep in tuch so we can share tips and info. (Im still working to get my car alive again)
Cheers