ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Member - Looking at getting a 197 or a 200?

Clio RS200
Sounds a great spec to me if you don't intend tracking it.

Cheers guys, I have no intention of tracking it.

Its going to be a daily driver so I wanted something comfortable, modern, not too expensive but still had enough power.
Looked at plenty of written and video reviews and this seemed the best!
Still got 6 months warranty left as well.

An orange one
Ours doesn't have the cup chassis and its brilliant! So composed on our knackered roads!

In comparison when a friend was in my twingo RS with cup chassis he asked if the suspension was actually welded instead of springs lol

RS Clio 200
Is this the red one that Motorline at Parkwood (Car City) have? i saw that the other day when i was in with my 200.

Try and deal with Marcus Weeks there if it is... top notch guy. Couldnt be more helpful.

on another note, i love the fact that the "Cup Crew" look down and snigger on non cup pack cars, and even more so the "Recaro Crew"

Its the same over on clio200.net. IMO the non cup car with a few modifications is by far a better car than the cup. And if you want racing seats, then buy proper carbon or kevlar racing seats and strip the car out. Personally i dont think the recaro's suit the car.

But hey, what do i know, i dont have a cup or recaros LOL

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
My friend recently bought a 197, we dragged them on the motorway from 40 in second gear. My 172 cup pulled away quite easily and it cost around a third of the price. And I put 182 FF interior in it for £300 so it has nicer seats than the 197 too. But each to his own, enjoy the new car :)

oh well that's it then, stick some scratty 10 year old interior in a 172 cup and its better than a 197

why didn't I think of that? :clown:

Clio RS200
Is this the red one that Motorline at Parkwood (Car City) have? i saw that the other day when i was in with my 200.

Try and deal with Marcus Weeks there if it is... top notch guy. Couldnt be more helpful.

on another note, i love the fact that the "Cup Crew" look down and snigger on non cup pack cars, and even more so the "Recaro Crew"

Its the same over on clio200.net. IMO the non cup car with a few modifications is by far a better car than the cup. And if you want racing seats, then buy proper carbon or kevlar racing seats and strip the car out. Personally i dont think the recaro's suit the car.

But hey, what do i know, i dont have a cup or recaros LOL

Yeah that's the one :)

Picking it up Monday evening!

I got Marcus on the phone but some rude salesman sold me it as he wasn't there. Marcus is took over for the final bit though and he is keeping me updated nicely.

Meh I don't care about other people's opinion, the car cornered well enough on the test drive and I pushed it hard enough once it had warmed up so I am perfectly happy.

I hate leather seats and the buckets in my old Saxo made my back ache after a while, the seats in the 200 seem to be comfy.

The new one is a HUGE step up from the Saxo, basic spec or not.

Standard seats are as good as the recaros IMO. In fact they are better in that you don't get the same stupid wear issues.

RB 200
enjoy it mate .. who cares how you get it .. your money your choice IMO . just have fun ..

no cup chassis then if its got sat-nav? sure you loose that with the upgrade?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I've had both seats. The Recaros look 100% better have that wow factor (which I have currently in my Cup) but the standard seats are very good, more comfy, nice deep bolsters and you do sit a wee bit lower

I've had both seats. The Recaros look 100% better have that wow factor (which I have currently in my Cup) but the standard seats are very good, more comfy, nice deep bolsters and you do sit a wee bit lower

Exactly. Don't get me wrong I loved my 197 cup and the recaros, but buying again now would 100% be standard seats and suspension. Far more comfortable for the use it gets, and perfectly good for the odd B road blast.

RS Clio 200
Yeah that's the one :)

Picking it up Monday evening!

I got Marcus on the phone but some rude salesman sold me it as he wasn't there. Marcus is took over for the final bit though and he is keeping me updated nicely.

Meh I don't care about other people's opinion, the car cornered well enough on the test drive and I pushed it hard enough once it had warmed up so I am perfectly happy.

I hate leather seats and the buckets in my old Saxo made my back ache after a while, the seats in the 200 seem to be comfy.

The new one is a HUGE step up from the Saxo, basic spec or not.

Cool. It looked a real nice specimen.
we shall have to meet up. Also be worth u having a look at clio200.net
not as busy as cs, but it's totally focused on 197 and 200's

Clio Cup Ph2 172 16v
The point of my post was quite simply: Why bother with finance when you could buy a 172/182 and have the same luxury and fun without the monthly payments?But if you prefer a 197 for other reasons then fair enough. I compared a 197 to a 172 in price,performance and interior as I thought it may be helpful.

I don't remember mentioning my interior to be "scratty" or "10 year old" but if thats how you like to think of it then okay :)