ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new member...no car yet!

Hi Guys,
i have joined this forum as i hope to be buying a clio very soon.
I am looking for a car primarily for the track. I want to start doing track days. I am a lifelong biker at heart and have raced all sorts of bikes and know most of the uk tracks. I am still in to bikes, but i have always fancied a do round a track in a car, and the clio seems to be the weapon of choice.
I am self employed and need to use my van daily, so i dont even own a car! My van is a renault trafic sport though LOL, does that count :eek:

any road up, i am undecided what to go for. my biggest query, is how do i tell the difference between a cup and a non cup model??

i am looking at a 172,182 or 197. dont mind which really ,i just want the best tool for the job. i am sure you have been asked a million times about cup model id ,but i have had a look round and cant see anything. mind you i do have the attention span of a goldfish so it probably is here somewhere.
cheers
David

thanks guys, newbies always ask the same dumb questions. i have seen the posts now ,and i have a bit better idea. Thanks.
I think a 172 cup is the way to go.
cheers
david

Well, i have read all the excellent reports on here ,which has helped me make a decision.
i am now the proud owner of a racing blue 182cup!! I only picked it up today ,but it put a smile on my face straight away. Roll on the weekend!
cheers
David