ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new member...owns a corsa

soooo, im looking into getting a clio, sisters just sold her 1.2 but i want the 1.5 dci

currently got a stealthy corsa c but want a change. was gonna get a bora but in split decision

not keen on the look of standard cars so i want sport front and rear bumpers with skirts and spoiler
can anyone point out to me which ones i want etc cos all the 172, 182, and so on is confusing lmao

i want the rear bumper with the dual centre exhaust exit and i will get an exhaust made to fit this and i want the matching skirts and front bumper...

just not sure what they are...help with pictures maybe? :D

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Welcome.

Sounds to me like you want a 182 rear bumper, side skirts and front bumper off either a 172 or 182 as they are the same.

You will also need the front wings off a 172 / 182 to get the bumper to fit flush.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Welcome to the forum mate.

Building a diesel sport replica should be very easy for you, you have one of the largest renault dismantlers on your doorstep!

(www.renparts.co.uk)

Welcome.

Sounds to me like you want a 182 rear bumper, side skirts and front bumper off either a 172 or 182 as they are the same.

You will also need the front wings off a 172 / 182 to get the bumper to fit flush.

right thanks for the info

i read something about having to change the wings to fit the bumper but wasnt sure

so are the 172/182 bumpers and wings the same?

Clio 197
Welcome to the forum :)

There are three different clio dci's, a 65bhp one, a 80bhp one and a 100bhp one. Get a 100 if you can find one although they are rare. Only £30 a year tax on the 65 and 100 and the 80 is only £20 a year!

The bumper with the 2 exhausts is from a clio 182. Basically you would want a clio 182 body kit. If you can afford it though just get a 182. :)

Welcome to the forum :)

There are three different clio dci's, a 65bhp one, a 80bhp one and a 100bhp one. Get a 100 if you can find one although they are rare. Only £30 a year tax on the 65 and 100 and the 80 is only £20 a year!

The bumper with the 2 exhausts is from a clio 182. Basically you would want a clio 182 body kit. If you can afford it though just get a 182. :)

i cant afford the insurance yet as im only 18, with 1 years no claims, hense making a sport rep :/ but thanks though :D

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
right thanks for the info

i read something about having to change the wings to fit the bumper but wasnt sure

so are the 172/182 bumpers and wings the same?

Front bumpers, skirts and wings are the same on 172 and 182.

Only difference is the rear bumper, 182 has twin exhaust and 172 has no exhaust cut outs.

Welcome :)

To do a 182 replica properly, you'll need both bumpers, the wings, the sideskirts, all four arch liners, the headlights, coilovers/60mm springs and a set of wheels which are a lower offset than standard. Miss out any of these bits and it looks unfinished and isn't worth bothering.

If it were me I'd do a 172 replica, better looking wheels and looks better with no exhausts poking out the back.

172 Cup
Heres my dci rep :)

6933830436_e9799eb551_z.jpg

P1010420 by Blacky950, on Flickrr

For the rear exit twin exhaust you'll need the system from k-tec which goes around the spare wheel well.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Do a search for 'Wests' DCI project thread.

Probably one of the best that's been done on here.

Heres my dci rep :)

6933830436_e9799eb551_z.jpg

P1010420 by Blacky950, on Flickrr

For the rear exit twin exhaust you'll need the system from k-tec which goes around the spare wheel well.

looks nice that!:D

but yeah id either buy that system, or go down to custom pipes and let them sort it...quality work with lifetime guarantee, make what you want while you wait

Clio 197
i cant afford the insurance yet as im only 18, with 1 years no claims, hense making a sport rep :/ but thanks though :D

Hairy muff. I cant afford insurance on a 182 either being 19. Insurance sucks doesnt it!

If you remap a dci 100, you can see around 125-130bhp. And alot more torque. Same with the 65 and 80 but obvs slightly less gains.

Hairy muff. I cant afford insurance on a 182 either being 19. Insurance sucks doesnt it!

If you remap a dci 100, you can see around 125-130bhp. And alot more torque. Same with the 65 and 80 but obvs slightly less gains.

yeah i was thinking remap with the derv, i cud go for 1.2 or something butttt i fancy a diesel:)