ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Member with a Mk1.

Mk1 Clio + Mk5 Jetta
Thought I would join up as just got the girlfriend a MK1 Clio to learn to drive in

null_zpsbd5aa7f5.jpg

null_zps9e154611.jpg

Nothing special, but we plan a few little mods. Nothing OTT as it's her first car and she's learning to drive in it. Thinking a nice set of wheels and a slight drop of say 25-30mm?

I myself drive a 2008 Vw Jetta if anyone is interested.

1170673_202358346598621_1181749875_n.jpg

not sure about a mk1 tbh, but depending on the cost id swap the shocks over at the same time to be sure :)

i did on my mk2 but only because the shocks were £8 each on sale :p

Mk1 Clio + Mk5 Jetta
not sure about a mk1 tbh, but depending on the cost id swap the shocks over at the same time to be sure :)

i did on my mk2 but only because the shocks were £8 each on sale :p

True lol. I can't believe how cheap everything is for these cars. I'm used to having to fork out hundreds if something fails on my car but on this new parts are so cheap!

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
If your considering a drop. Change the rear shocks and front shocks too. Worth it in the long run. The rear shocks as they are on a Torsion bar, there is no springs on the back, so while your dropping the torsion do the shocks.
Also check the head lamp glass, if its loose or wiggles, I guarantee you'll loose a lense going around a corner. Get it off and heat it up, clean it and then reseal the unit.

Mk1 Clio + Mk5 Jetta
If your considering a drop. Change the rear shocks and front shocks too. Worth it in the long run. The rear shocks as they are on a Torsion bar, there is no springs on the back, so while your dropping the torsion do the shocks.
Also check the head lamp glass, if its loose or wiggles, I guarantee you'll loose a lense going around a corner. Get it off and heat it up, clean it and then reseal the unit.

Thanks mate. I'll definitely get some new shocks. For the price of them I'd be stupid not to really lol. I'll check the headlight in the morning. Hopefully its not loose :p.