ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New mods, a service and a clean

Well as a lot of you already know my car went into Birchdown over Wed and Thurs of last week. Superior service by the guys there, really can't thank them enough!! AST Top Mounts fitted, then tracked and cambered at Tweaks. It is running -1 degree camber, positive castor . . . I think (Steve was told that this is how it should be setup for the camber chosen);

IMG_6142.gif

IMG_6144.gif

They have transformed the car's steering and solved most of the knocking and serious steering issues that I have put up with for over two years. Love them and can't recommend them enough!!

Also received a cheeky gift from Si;

IMG_6149.gif

IMG_6141.gif

The car was waxed around a week ago, so only really needed a quick going over. The results;

IMG_6164.gif

IMG_6174.gif

IMG_6170.gif

IMG_6182.gif

IMG_6185.gif

IMG_6183.gif

IMG_6198.gif

IMG_6196.gif

IMG_6156.gif

IMG_6158.gif

One of teh forzharms for teh Needster!!
IMG_6192.gif

There are too many stickers on the car now, especially around the front bumper. But ALL the paintwork that was done by a certain company in Leeds is starting to chip and balls up. There are lots of what look like spider web marks in the paint on all plastic parts, like something has hit them and shattered the pain.

The wheels, although they look good in the photos, are awful and I am quite angry about them. The lacquer is just atrocious. The front bumper is just a joke, actually looks worse than when it went in, around October time.

Few things to do before FCS; respray bumper, get the wheels powder coated, new side badges from Mark on here (if he is still doing them!!). The M60 ring, as well as any other non-white stickers, are being removed and if needed, replaced with white versions. Debating white wheels and badges as well. Will have to see.

I will also be finally employing Tonyt's skills on the rear insert, fog lights, washer blanks and maybe one or two other bits for Carbonisingz ;)

Then the car, including the engine bay (yes Andy/Clio-coby, that means bumper off, sides off, wheels off etc etc etc ;) ), will get the full works with the machine polisher.

Cheers for looking and all comments welcome!!

Jamie

i was just about to say... for all you post in the detailing section, look at the state of that bay!

Lovely colour JD.

Top work pal!!! Apparently the bloke at tweeks was stressed with it!! he he!!

:)

Well it handles superbly lad, only one thing, the steering wheel is quite far off centre which bugged me for about 2mins. Might get it tracked somewhere again, if it really bugs me lol!

i was just about to say... for all you post in the detailing section, look at the state of that bay!

Lovely colour JD.

Yeah, just hsant seen love in a while, but was polished and sealed around 4 months ago, so will wash off easily :)

top stuff. ur bear is peeling away lol wats that wax like? easy to apply?

I know :( need to restick it :)

Wax is easy, not as easy as P21s, but still good stuff. Do it panel by panel and it's fine.

Mondeo TDCI 130
Well it handles superbly lad, only one thing, the steering wheel is quite far off centre which bugged me for about 2mins. Might get it tracked somewhere again, if it really bugs me lol!

I thought it was, but its hard to say on the roads around here!! Bit poor to be honest, never usually have that problem there!! May be worth a trip back there??

Yeha was going to give them a quick call on Monday morning, but didn't want to mention it to you guys since it was nothing to do with your outstanding work. Really can't thank you enough Steve, superb work, car feels great, now sporting your stickers :)

Mondeo TDCI 130
No probs dude, just call them and tell them we had the wheel alignment carried out there! Should not be an issue i would hope! :)

Clio 197 08
Car looks excellant mate. Cant notice the mentioned problems in the pics! White wheels would look great!

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Then the car, including the engine bay (yes Andy/Clio-coby, that means bumper off, sides off, wheels off etc etc etc ;) ), will get the full works with the machine polisher.

Jamie

FLOL... Looking Good but I know your a Perectionist so you will have spotted every minor fault that I did ;)

Bout time you moved up to the RS Ranks though

Sunroof? rep?

Nice work though matey

Yes Rep indeed, sadly!

nice mate:) where du get the ast mounts from?

ASTs were from a group buy on here through KAM racing, sadly there are problems getting hold of them at the moment, not through any fault at KAM's end, I hasten to add.

Just needs a RS lump now :)

Knowsit guppy mate :)

FLOL... Looking Good but I know your a Perectionist so you will have spotted every minor fault that I did ;)

Bout time you moved up to the RS Ranks though

True, not sure on a conversion, but with it looking the way I want . . . might be on the cards!