ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new omp wheel need help

monaco 172
ive just fitted a new omp steering wheel. i fitted two resistors and service and airbag lights are on. put it on the computer and its sayin the side impact sensors. do i replace them? where do i get them? any help

monaco 172
anyone ever hav this problem after fittin a new steerin wheel. is it just a case off fiddling around under the seats

Tiger R6 / Saxo Vts
When I fitted a Sabelt wheel to my car and put the resistors in it turned off the service/airbag lights. I believe they stay on when any of the sensors related to them round the car aren't reading correctly. Did you disconnect the battery when you changed the steering wheel - ie when you took the original airbag off?

If not then I would disconnect the battery, then check you have the resistors firmly connected into the airbag connections.

If this doesn't work then perhaps you either have the wrong resistors, or there is another problem.

Sometimes the airbag sensors under the seat can get loose I believe - try tracking them down and disconnecting, then firmly reconnecting them.

monaco 172
When I fitted a Sabelt wheel to my car and put the resistors in it turned off the service/airbag lights. I believe they stay on when any of the sensors related to them round the car aren't reading correctly. Did you disconnect the battery when you changed the steering wheel - ie when you took the original airbag off?

If not then I would disconnect the battery, then check you have the resistors firmly connected into the airbag connections.

If this doesn't work then perhaps you either have the wrong resistors, or there is another problem.

Sometimes the airbag sensors under the seat can get loose I believe - try tracking them down and disconnecting, then firmly reconnecting them.

yea i done all that. i fitted 3.9ohm resistors would they be the same as your ones. as its a pain in the hole

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
What resisters did u se mate? U need anything from 2-6, i used 3.9
Make sure u discon the battery when doing it
You mite not have put the resisters in properly, when i did mine it turned the light off then a few months later the light came back on, the resisters had wobbled about so wernt getting the conection, i used a bit of the wire from an other resiater and put it in the hole to make sure a good onection,
I folded the ends of the resister over and added another bit of wire aswell so ther was the thickness of 3 times the wire on the resister pushed into the hole
Maybe try this

monaco 172
will do i have 3.9 fitted maybe there not in tight. ill try anything to get them off as i already have engine light on from the cat out

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
I was anoyed when mne came back on, i thought maybe the resiaters wernt going to work anymore but gave it a go anyway and they havnt been back on since, make sure its packed so it defo keeps a conection and you should be fine
3.9 defo rite thats what i have

Tiger R6 / Saxo Vts
Sounds like loose resistors then - I messed about with mine for ages to get them just right. Bought resistors and ended up soldering them to some thicker wire I think - although it was a few years ago now.

clio 182 cup
what resistors did you use....i used ebay ones and they didnt work..a trip to maplin solved the problem