ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New owner 182 RB RS👌

Clio 182 RS
Hi All

Recently bought a 182 Rs in racing blue. What a car.... Loving it... Never had a hot hatch like it. Pulls like a train and so planted in the corners.

Anyway I've found a forum sticker so I'm guessing it was somebody's on here? I bought it last week at a a Silverstone classic car auction.

Been looking for one in rb for months then this came along at an absolute steal! Cars great mechanically but needs some tidying up..... Not a surprise for a 15 year old car Im a bit ocd when it comes to detailing.... Made a start but front end respray is needed to get it back to showroom condition.

Plans..... Front end respray and full mechanical check then who know..... Just loving the car as it is! Plan to keep this one for years will be garaged and sornd over the winter.

Look forward to joining the forum and maybe getting to a meet or two👍

Attachments

• IMG_20210405_130047_edit_91521494104784.jpg
    IMG_20210405_130047_edit_91521494104784.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 136
  • IMG_20210405_130119_edit_91153174905882.jpg
    IMG_20210405_130119_edit_91153174905882.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 143
  • IMG_20210405_134025_edit_91667646840699.jpg
    IMG_20210405_134025_edit_91667646840699.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 129
  • IMG_20210405_130330_edit_91761767850580.jpg
    IMG_20210405_130330_edit_91761767850580.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 134
  Clio 182 RS
Love the car but could be tempted at that price😂

Ha I bought that one at a classic car auction last week. Bit of a gamble but it was a steal..... Now the fun begins! Cars really strong can't believe how it drives. Took it slow home and got over 40 mpg! Sure that won't last mind u!

Plan is to get the car in mint condition, SORN and garage over the winter months and enjoy over the summer months. I have a thing for blue cars👆😂 French one is far better to drive than the German one!

Clio 182 RS
Ha RB was my preference to be honest for that very reason..... In the sun they look fantastic. I wasn't sure on a blue car till we ordered the 1 series in Misano blue- it's very similar to the Clio tho it does have a metallic tint.

I'm sure someone on here will know the car, It's had a few owners and looks like one was a forum member seeing as it has a sticker. Service history shows the car in Wales and latterly Cheltenham area.

As I say my plans are to generally tidy it up- Once I'm happy with the paint I'm removing the stickers and going for gordini stripes. I also want to sort out it's induction kit as its too close to the engine at the moment. I'll have a look at previous threads as I imagine it's been covered in the past. I was thinking a Ktec kit with a cold air feed from the fog light or just going back to standard air box setup.

Anyway, great forum Dr Jekyll already answered a few of my questions. I'm sure I'll have plenty more!

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
I always thought my old RB looked best at dusk, just as the sun was going down. Beautiful colour!

100% the car that got away and I shouldn’t have sold it.

CA7CA9E9-AB9E-4C11-ADCF-AC1FC19553C9.jpeg

Clio 182 RS
What springs are on the car mate?

@Alfie80
I'm not too sure mate all the ad listed was lowering springs. I'll have a look through invoices and see if there's anything 👍 I had a quick look underneath and the springs are yellow.... Deffo not standard!

I can't believe how the wee thing handles around the bends. It's planted love it on B roads🤣

Clio 182 RS
I bought the car in Silverstones auction last week. Couldn't believe my luck at the hammer price as there was no reserve. Allows me a healthy budget to spend on the car.
I was thinking to just keep it as a summer toy but after the weekend drives I'm keeping it and spending the money to get it mint. I've had so many cars over the years and this one has given me the biggest smiles. Might not be a future classic like the Trophy but I'd rather have something I can use. Plan is to get the bodywork perfect then look at getting it undersealed. Will only be used in the summer months then garaged during the winter. I'll be sure to get progress pics etc posted.

BG 182 FF
I bought the car in Silverstones auction last week. Couldn't believe my luck at the hammer price as there was no reserve. Allows me a healthy budget to spend on the car.
I was thinking to just keep it as a summer toy but after the weekend drives I'm keeping it and spending the money to get it mint. I've had so many cars over the years and this one has given me the biggest smiles. Might not be a future classic like the Trophy but I'd rather have something I can use. Plan is to get the bodywork perfect then look at getting it undersealed. Will only be used in the summer months then garaged during the winter. I'll be sure to get progress pics etc posted.

I saw the car in the background during Harry Metcalfe's preview of the auction on Harry's Garage. I went on the Silverstone Auction website but couldn't see the car on there, I only managed to catch the last few hours live online the other Sunday.
Was your car on their website? I'm sure I went through all the lot numbers and now I'm curious to know what your winning bid was 🙂 Congratulations btw!

Clio 182 RS
Ha yeah I spotted it on the preview show.

Don't mind saying.... Hammer went down at 2k couldn't believe my luck as I'd seen the car for sale previously at 3995. With fees etc I paid just under £2300.

I personally think 4k was optimistic but it has decent history and the dephazer and belts were only done 11k miles ago. I stripped the front end this morning to see what condition the slam panel etc is in and I was pleasantly surprised.... No rust at all. Cars going to the bodyshop next week for a front end respray just to freshen things up.