ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New owner in south wales

Evo 8 and clio 172
Hi all

Picked up a Monaco blue 172 at the weekend. Bought as a new daily driver and the car does need some tlc but the modding bug may bite yet. Not a standard car, has a few choice parts and a fair amount of service history. It does need a service and four tyres plus the passages seat air bag somehow went off so going to need a new seat, not sure how it went off as the car hasn't been in an accident.

So far very happy with it, drives well. Could have a question with the clutch....

Would be good to get to some meets and events not sure about out on track as I have another toy for that ;)

DSC_0604_zpsdfjsha8e.jpg

Matt

Welcome Matt :)
Where in South Wales are you?
There's a karting meet coming up at the end of Feb so that'll be a great place to meet new people on here - check out the local forum section.
Once the weather improves there's always some interesting all-day meets that involve checking out some stunning scenery in Mid Wales.

Has it been in an accident and repaired? Airbags have been known to go off if the door is slammed hard enough or if you go through a particularly bad pot hole. You may need some technical assistance turning the airbag light off once you replace the seat but lucky for you RS interiors are a dime a dozen.

Evo 8 and clio 172
Welcome to the club mate :smile:
Welcome Matt :smile:
Where in South Wales are you?
There's a karting meet coming up at the end of Feb so that'll be a great place to meet new people on here - check out the local forum section.
Once the weather improves there's always some interesting all-day meets that involve checking out some stunning scenery in Mid Wales.

Has it been in an accident and repaired? Airbags have been known to go off if the door is slammed hard enough or if you go through a particularly bad pot hole. You may need some technical assistance turning the airbag light off once you replace the seat but lucky for you RS interiors are a dime a dozen.

Cheers bud,

Pontypool way..
That sounds like a good laugh, I will take a look at that. Would be up for coming along.
Could be up for that when we finally get some nice weather.

Seller said a pot hole set it off, guess if hit hard enough and there isn't a great deal of give in the suspension. cheers for that, guess as its been activated. Something that will need doing for mot :)

Welcome to the club mate :smile:

Thanks mate :)

Craig_B

ClioSport Club Member
  BG 182
I'll keep an eye out for you. From Pontypool myself, not got clios anymore though got a megane trophy

What's plans for Clio?

Evo 8 and clio 172
I'll keep an eye out for you. From Pontypool myself, not got clios anymore though got a megane trophy

What's plans for Clio?

Probably will bud, very nice car the Megan's trophy. What do you think of it?

Plans for the clio are to sort out the few issues and avoid spending any on mods as it's just a daily driver. May change but I have an evo 8 which seems to swallow money lol.

Welcome! I'm from just up the road, will also keep an eye out :smile:

:) just give a wave lol.

Evo 8 and clio 172
Not me bud, to my knowledge there are another two yellow evo 8's around Pontypool and cwmbran, there are 2 yellow 7's as well, one is cwmbran way and the other is up Tredgar way.

It used to be a rare colour lol.....