ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new owner new probs!!! PLEASE HELP

clio 172
long story but collected a ph1 clio 172 last night, within 2 miles the temp was up in the red!!! pulled over to top up water, gauge was up and down all the way home, 150 mile trip, if driving steady at about 65mph it would sit on about half but rise and fall back down occasional. if I drove little bit faster or if any hills it would be back up in the red with warning light on then eventually would come back down, no obvious signs of water leaking from anywhere and no signs of water in the oil
dephaser pulley has gone,sounds ok when cold but really loud when warm and the heater fans inside do not work?? just thought I would mention as much as I can to help get to the problem
would be very gratefull for any help please

yes there was water in it so only topped it up a little, I then stopped again and put about a litre in it and I have since put a bit more in this morning while cold on the drive

Run it up to temp on the drive and check for any leak out the radiator, pipes to it and around the drivers side of the engine.

Also check that the radiator fan is coming on.

Clio 172 Phase 2
i had this problem before. fan wasnt coming on so i bodged a manual switch connection on to fan wires and turned it on and off manually.

clio 172
ok then I have let her idle and the fans are coming on when temp gets to just over half but when they did come on the water in expansion tank was cold?? it only seemed to get warm when fans had been on a while then the water level would drop down , there are no leaks anywhere I can see??