ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New owner of a V6.

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Rep Trophy spoiler arrived today courtesy of eBay, will be fettled to fit on Friday then it'll be off to the painters.
No joy with PH2 wheels, put an offer on a set on eBay, in need of a refurb hence the offer instead of the asking. If that fails I'll stick 15mm spacers to the existing fronts.
May end up with 10mm on the rears but struggling to find any so it may involve going down the custom route.

Did you get hold of some 10mm spacers? Got a pair of hubcentrics here.

PH1 V6
By the time they got here it was around £45 for HR ones.
Ordered on line and paid for for £30 odd, sent me 5 mm, returned to local store, got 10% refunded for some reason, they ordered me 10mm and had to pay £15 difference. Took about 2 weeks in total.
Could have walked to your house and back in that time.
Hence Sods Law.

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
By the time they got here it was around £45 for HR ones.
Ordered on line and paid for for £30 odd, sent me 5 mm, returned to local store, got 10% refunded for some reason, they ordered me 10mm and had to pay £15 difference. Took about 2 weeks in total.
Could have walked to your house and back in that time.
Hence Sods Law.

That's a good price mate tbh I think I paid about £90!

PH1 V6
When I went to collect them the guy behind the counter seemed to be struggling to get a price together.
I showed him a mail I had from ECP with a return authorisation and he wasn't having much joy sorting it out on their computer system.
They seemed a good deal but I wasn't going to argue with him, just paid up and disappeared quick.

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
When I went to collect them the guy behind the counter seemed to be struggling to get a price together.
I showed him a mail I had from ECP with a return authorisation and he wasn't having much joy sorting it out on their computer system.
They seemed a good deal but I wasn't going to argue with him, just paid up and disappeared quick.

I don't blame you- H&R spacers are very expensive but excellent quality.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Then it'll be time for the bank account to recover but, at long last, I have a car that makes me grin each time I open the door to the garage. I know they're not overly quick and that when it's damp they like the idea of going backwards into hedges if pushed a bit too hard but hey, it's worth it!

Haha! More than enough reason to have a Vee. Just you, the car and a reoccurring urge to break the laws of physics.

PH1 V6
New spoiler on and front spacers fitted, need shorter bolts for the rears.

IMG_1046.jpg

PH1 V6
I like it, adds some real purpose to the rear (or at least more than it dad already!), however I think it would look better without the elf sticker.
Thought long and hard about the sticker, was only £5 so well worth a go.
It was never going to look bland without it but, with it on it seems to break the blandness of the spoiler.....for now anyhow :up:
The hairdryer is never far away :smile:

c4pob

ClioSport Club Member
  A terrible one
Thought long and hard about the sticker, was only £5 so well worth a go.
It was never going to look bland without it but, with it on it seems to break the blandness of the spoiler.....for now anyhow :up:
The hairdryer is never far away :smile:
It's your car mate, try anything! Not sure a v6 rear could ever be called bland though!

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Looks like a baseball cap on a youf.

No likey!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

PH1 V6
Yep that's the one - I have had 2 off him before - good quality but take a bit of work to make fit.
Ahhh, sorry mate, I ought to have known I was preaching to the converted :smile:
The amount of help I've had of you and I assume you didn't know about them.....if you want me I'll be sat in the corner over there somewhere :grimacing:

PH1 V6
That spoiler....[emoji33] why would you want to slow down an already slow car?
Let's be honest here,
No-one is really going to think "Oooh, I want a fast car. I've just sold a CSL and a V8 M3 that weren't quick enough, I'll get a Clio V6, that ought to do it".
This has been bought for what it is, not for how it goes :up:

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Ahhh, sorry mate, I ought to have known I was preaching to the converted :smile:
The amount of help I've had of you and I assume you didn't know about them.....if you want me I'll be sat in the corner over there somewhere :grimacing:

Hey don't worry mate - I know you was only trying to help out. Where did you this one from out of interest?

PH1 V6
I got it from the guy in the eBay link.
Spotted a pic somewhere of a car with one fitted and the owner pointed me in that direction.
Still fighting off Cromadora wheels here :anguished:

PH1 V6
Things are starting to move along nicely!

New steering wheel now fitted,
New seats are being fitted Thursday,
KW V3 coilovers ordered,
A BNIB set of PH2 wheels sourced.

Slowly getting there :up:

Not yet sure what happened after the statement "I'm not going to do much with it".

Last edited:
  PH1 V6
No matey standard rear are 245 40 18, front are 205 40 18 but this is a rare size and people are putting 215 40 18 on the front. Michelin are the preferred tyre.

Yeh, I was talking to the tyre guy today.
I'd prefer SuperSport over PilotSport4 and can get them in the sizes you've said. Was sure I'd seen somewhere that you had 35 profiles on the rear.
Does the sidewall look in proportion with the 40 profiles? 98mm as opposed to almost 86mm for the 35 profiles.

Like the idea of a smaller sidewall but an expensive boo boo if it doesn't work too well 😊

Your V6 looks very nice, and the additional modifications you have planned sound good too. I myself have KW V3's on my Phase 1 and I also swapped over to a set of the Phase 2 18" wheels back in April. I opted to fit Michelin Pilot Super Sports with the rears being 245/40/R18 and the fronts 205/40/R18 and have been very impressed with them. Do you have your spacers and extended wheel bolts for the rears sorted out yet?

Here is a picture of my car I took earlier in the year to give you an idea of how the car looks with the KW's and the 18" wheels:

Clio v6 with Phase 2 Wheels.jpg

I'm also looking forward to seeing how your new seats turn out, I have black Recaro Pole Positions in mine but have always planned to eventually get them re-trimmed to better match the blue/grey interior.

PH1 V6
Thanks for the info mate.
20mm spacers and bolts ordered today.
Your car sits very well, trying to be Mr Patient here until KW send my stuff to SGMotorsports.

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Yeh, I was talking to the tyre guy today.
I'd prefer SuperSport over PilotSport4 and can get them in the sizes you've said. Was sure I'd seen somewhere that you had 35 profiles on the rear.
Does the sidewall look in proportion with the 40 profiles? 98mm as opposed to almost 86mm for the 35 profiles.

Like the idea of a smaller sidewall but an expensive boo boo if it doesn't work too well 😊

Ran 35 profile on my Cromodoras to get them to sit under the rear arches better as the Croms offset is for the phase 1 v6 and therefore stick out of the arches on the phase 2.

PH1 V6
Not much of an update,
Spacers, bolts and tyres are here, as will be the wheels by Thursday night, C5 and tyres will be done Friday and they'll be on the car on Saturday.
All that's needed then is for KW to get their thumb out of their trumpet and make my coilovers!