ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New owner take 2!

Clio 172 ph2
Got myself another 172 (had the first for 2 days!).

The previous one had been in a smash and had a bent rear axle, handled terribly. I knew something was wrong on the way home so went to get tracking checked to find NS rear toe of -10!! Not adjustable so rang dealer and returned it. Plus it was on 17's with crap tyres.

Bought a different one today which has perfect tracking and handles great (also has decent tyres and standard wheels!) now very happy! Not as fast as my S3 but more fun and chuckable

E11OOT

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 6/Ph1 v6/R34
Hi & Welcome to CS!

Congratulations on sorting your car out in the end, hope the ownership of this car is much better!

Clio 172 ph2
Many thanks. Now i've bought one i'll be adding my tenna for proper membership. I just didn't agree with it until i owned one!!

So far so good, love the handling. I've come from a mapped S3 which was faster but heavy and boring on the limit. Before that an E46 M3 which was awesome, but then i was single!

Clio 172 ph2
Cheers, i think i was lucky most definately, glad i didn't buy it privately! I hope its properley fixed before someone else ends up with it. Just needs rear axle i guess!

It certainly made right hand corners 'interesting' to say the least, especially in the wet!

This one can corner far better than my S3 and still manage 40mpg on my 35 miles cross country commute. Happy!

When you find the button to do so, could you let me know where it is please? :eek:

Click "Settings" at the top right, then down the left click "Paid Subscriptions"

Lucky escape for you mate. Bet the dealer didn't even notice it had been in a smash

koi

Audi S1
Glad to hear your experience never put you off, may be worthwhile firing up the reg of the mess of a car you had before so noone else is taken in by it.