ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New PAS - fluid topped up - bled - nice and quiet - no steering power?

Nicolasticity

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172+MG+SAAB++
Fitted a new PAS (from ebay for a Clio same size & same connectors etc one stamping the same the other different) removed noisy one that was providing hydraulic power and now nothing. Turned lock to lock static and with engine running - fluid level not dropping? No weird noises - new belt pulleys etc very quiet just no PAS?

As the PAS fits even if a different capacity should give some assist - it gives none.

What do I need to look for.

Done in road - slight hill but jacked up nose up for the lock to lock.

Weird

172 Ph1
Uphill is fine to bleed the air out , also jack up one side only and then manually bleed by doing lock to lock without the engine running.
20-30 turns lock to lock and try and see if that helps .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nicolasticity

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172+MG+SAAB++
On a hill - quite a camber - tried 30 lock to lock - nothing so far - and thought turning car around might help?

1624558948645.png

172 Ph1
You have the pressure switch close by , unscrew that and turn engine over with crank sensor disconnected to try and bleed out any air .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nicolasticity

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172+MG+SAAB++
Pressure switch out I get no flow and only a gurgle (pumps trying hard) and the odd squirt. Pressurized the reservoir but it seems to vent so not getting much over pressure.

No drop in fluid level so it seems to be a fluid feed issue. Can I prime from the pressure switch?

Whats the circuit look like?

Nicolasticity

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172+MG+SAAB++
OK no laughing - but sit down for this.

Im a fellow of the IMECHE, work at the world most famous aerospace company and was a fitter for 10 years. Topping up a brake reservoir with steering fluid does not translate to power steering - topping up the steering reservoir and seeing fluid come out the pressure switch does. Thank god for syringes I say!!

anyways works perfect - thanks all.

At least now I have a technique for changing a PAS in the street without removing the light or front panels and a SHAFTEC HP1233 does fit a 2001 CLIOSPORT 172

thanks all

MorroN

ClioSport Club Member
How is this running now? I'm looking to replace my PAS pump with my next belt change and these are about £75 quid less than the 'genuine' remanufactured ones