ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New plates

Covered in bird s**t
Got round to changing the plates. Ditched the awful old ones for a standard rear one and trimmed front. 10x better imo:cool:. Sorry for the poor phone pics and yes I know the car badly wants cleaning lol.

before
100_0093.jpg

DSC00887-1.jpg

now

DSC00897.jpg

DSC00896.jpg

Next on the to do list: Colour coding and a 172 rear bumper:cool:.

DCi 100
Although £29 for number plates ?

I'd willing pay 30 quid to get new plates if they were manky, or like shown in this thread, terrible style :p Makes the car look alot more clean and looked after to have fresh perfectly clean ones.

Good improvement.

Covered in bird s**t
Better. But the recess plates don't have the same effect on non RS models.

True, I'm soon to be colour coding the black plastic behind the plate though so that should make them look even better hopefully.:cool:

same as my plates there hero plates them

old plates look worse than a cats bum

Too right lol. Put up with those plates for far too long, couldn't bear them any longer

Clio 182FF
How do you get the OE plates off? Are there screws under the caps or what? I just ordered some new plates and once the DVLA get their asses in gear will be taking the old ones off.

Covered in bird s**t
How do you get the OE plates off? Are there screws under the caps or what? I just ordered some new plates and once the DVLA get their asses in gear will be taking the old ones off.

Lucky enough my car has never had number plates screwed on:), always been sticky tabs as far as I can tell. Just had to prise them off. Need patience to get the sticky crap left behind off tho lol :mad:

"Navy" N17 TWO
Some degreaser & tar remover - put it on and leave a few mins
Wash off with warm soapy water and a bug sponge :)