ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Project bike & New Fairings for the GSX-R

Revels Mum & Sister
Right fitted new fairings etc on the GSX-R. Just waiting to collect the powdercoated wheels (Orange ;)) and she is ready for silverstone next month.

DSC_0208.jpg

DSC_0205.jpg

DSC_0201.jpg

Also picked up a VFR400 NC30 as a project bike. Bit of a shed but on the road to recovery already. Sounds awesome for a 400. V4 FTFW.

vfr1.jpg

vfr4002.jpg

vfr4003.jpg

Hawkeye

ClioSport Club Member
  Damage repaired
Very nice mate, sadly my days of biking are over for a long time.....:(

Hawkeye

ClioSport Club Member
  Damage repaired
Split up with the missus mate, gotta sort out house and all other things so bike will probs have to go until i get everything sorted out with paying her out....:(

Revels Mum & Sister
Bitches mate I s**t em :(

Bit of a shame make sure you get another one soon!

Quite a lot of VFR's floating about finding a tidy one is like hens teeth though. Hopefully will make this tidy and original when I am finished!

Hawkeye

ClioSport Club Member
  Damage repaired
Hopefully will be back on one at some point but not looking like this year, shame really as was just getting the hang of spinning up the back wheel through the bends at the end of last season, was gonna have some fun this year...:eek:

CS Dungeon
Loving the Gixxer fella, looks mint in that colour scheme and the orange wheels will look awesome.................not a fan of VFR's to be honest

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
Looking good there. Harris hanger for the exhaust, then get rid of the rear footpegs.

Nice to find a VFR with an uncut exhaust system for change.

How's the chain adjuster on it? Mine was shagged, £200+ for a new one too.

I sold an un-cut back section for £200 a few years back.... Hard to get hold off now.

Had a RVF cheapy fairing on my VFR.

NC30-1.jpg

Revels Mum & Sister
Awesome love them both,what you got planned for the vfr?

VFR rip her apart and refresh anything and everything and keep it as standard as possible and tidy it up. Going to get a good set of Original fairings and get them sprayed in one of the original colour schemes.

The carrier is fine which is lucky. Looks to have not been replaced long ago. On a lowly 20,000 KM as well!

Yeah the exhuast is tidy and the headers are not rotten either! They do sound fantastic with a system so woll probably go for a yamamoto half system and an end can and stash the original away.

Just tackled the carbs. All cleaned, balanced and float heights set. Valve clearances this weekend to make sure she is sweet. Been sat for 2 years. Emptied the tank cleaned out the fuel pipes and fresh fuel and bang started within 2 turns on a fresh battery. Sound of the gears are awesome.

Revels Mum & Sister
Is the gsxr fitted with a slipper clutch?

No mate for me at the moment there is really no need for a road bike/track bike. Maybe when I get better but it will just make me lazy in corners. This way I have to think about gear selection.

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
The VFR sounds very tidy in that case and your getting up together. I had a dog of a NC30 really, but she got to work everyday through in the winters.

Still miss sound of the V4 and how you can chuck them into a corner, especially considering they aren't that light.

Revels Mum & Sister
Will get pics later, they are at home. Dropped them off to save them clanging about in the boot and getting chipped.

Granted a slipper is smoother, but for me its overkill. Better things to spend £600 on at the moment. 95% of the time it will be on the road where it is not needed in the slightest

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
It's helped me out on a few times on the road when damp, but still haven't taken the ZX6R on track to see the real benefit.

I always match the revs when changing down anyway.

Revels Mum & Sister
No denying it helps if you get it wrong slightly but like you said if you match the revs it isnt usually an issue

C63 PP,R1,,Clubman
VFR rip her apart and refresh anything and everything and keep it as standard as possible and tidy it up. Going to get a good set of Original fairings and get them sprayed in one of the original colour schemes.

The carrier is fine which is lucky. Looks to have not been replaced long ago. On a lowly 20,000 KM as well!

Yeah the exhuast is tidy and the headers are not rotten either! They do sound fantastic with a system so woll probably go for a yamamoto half system and an end can and stash the original away.

Just tackled the carbs. All cleaned, balanced and float heights set. Valve clearances this weekend to make sure she is sweet. Been sat for 2 years. Emptied the tank cleaned out the fuel pipes and fresh fuel and bang started within 2 turns on a fresh battery. Sound of the gears are awesome.

Sounds great nic mechanically,keeps us updated mate.

Revels Mum & Sister
LOL knows it Cletus. Its at work at the moment. To get to work involves about 6 miles of back roads that are littered with farms wh spread mud and s**t all over the place. Coupled this with all the rain. When I left home it was clean!

Will give her a good clean when I change the wheels over. Got the powdercoated rims back friday they look awesome. Just got to fit new bearings and strap some new rubber on and she is ready.

Did Valve Clearances on the VFR today. 2 Exhuast shims need replacing to bring them back into tolerance they are out by 0.02mm LOL Still easy enough job may as well do it while its all apart

172//Crap Micra//Bus
My dads got an NSR400, B Reg Racebike (of sorts)... Awesome thing. Sound like a tin can lol.

My mate at work also collected a nice spanking new R1 this week, WOW!!

Last edited: