ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New rear wiper not wiping!

Toyota MR2 GT Turbo
My old rear wiper just pushed the water around so I brought a new one, official Renault part.

After I fitted it, it only wipes the lower half of the screen, it misses out the top half. If you take the keys out when it is pointing upwards then you can see that it isn't touching the glass at all...

You can push it back onto the glass but as soon as it starts moving again it goes back to the original position :/

I'll get a picture tomorrow if there is any light.

Toyota MR2 GT Turbo
The old one didn't, but it didn't have any rubber left on it, it looks exactly the same as the old wiper blade.

I don't know why its doing it, I have a new wiper arm but I cant remove the old one because its rusted on LOL.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Just use the old wiper and just replace the rubber bit?

"Navy" N17 TWO
The old one didn't, but it didn't have any rubber left on it, it looks exactly the same as the old wiper blade.

I don't know why its doing it, I have a new wiper arm but I cant remove the old one because its rusted on LOL.

That might be your answer ;)
Possibly not holding the wiper down on the window tight enough?