ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Renault owner here!

Clio Sport 172
Hi Guys!

Only recently I bought myself a tidy little clio sport 172, first Renault that ive ever had :) Finally managed to kick my obsession with mg zrs, as much as I loved having them, they just weren't quite pokey enough for me, safe to say this little motor is!

Decided to sign up to the forum as I had a few minor problems with dash lights and odd noises at first, which I soon resolved after reading through a few peoples posts!

Undoubtedly the main reason I decided to sign up to this site, is to get other peoples opinions on what sort of modifications to do to this car, as im quite keen to smarten it up a bit with a few aftermarket extras :p

I'll pop up some pictures of my past motors (in case anyone was interested ;)) and this one get some opinions on it and a few pointers on what to start with in terms of the modifications.

Hope to hear from a few of you soon!

Clio Sport 172
309218_10151145870947520_412051643_n_zpse3c61b7a.jpg
First mg I had, little bargain, only had 40k on the clock :p

IMG-20130601-00416_zpscac38ec3.jpg

My second one which I decided to play around with a little, a lot of fun but just didn't cut it when it came to speed!

Apologies for the poor picture quality on the new motor, will get a better picture once the weather decides to sort itself out!
77503_10152172371472520_1937571075_o_zpsa8a73afc.jpg

Last edited:
  Clio Sport 172
Cheers bud!
Am thinking of maybe trying for a rally'ish look? got some mudflaps on the way, see how they look, then maybe lower a tad, wheel spacers and new alloys! Finding a decent set of alloys I like is proving to be the problem atm!

Clio Sport 172
Did have a look at the turinis, do look nice but not sure if that's the sort of look im going for! Depending on how long I decide to keep this motor for, I might have to get a few sets :p Would 15s or 16s suit better do you reckon?

Clio Sport 172
Cant say I intend on tracking it, not much into that side of things aha! been told 17s would look too big so steering clear of them!

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Lol I've got 17's on my turbo. . 16's are spot on imo. But I like my 17s that were on when I bought it.

Clio Sport 172
Ah ok decent, cheers bud! ill probably stick to 16s, as that's what they are atm! Once i've lowered it im sure it'll look beast :)