ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New replacement 16v arches

Clio Mk1 Hybrid

Like most other 16v owners, I have the dreaded rust coming through on both rear arches.

I have had a look around for new rear arches, but can only find ones for non-16v models.

Any ideas where I can get new 16v ones from and how much?

Thanks

James

You cant I dont think.

A bodyshop can use a normal arch though and just replace the rusty part.

Trophy

They dont do a pattern copy so the only place to get them is from Renault if they still do them, about £350 each, or as Daz says, any decent bodyshop will be able fabricate the correct shape using a normal clio rear wheel arch repair part.

Mat.

Quote: Originally posted by midge on 10 September 2005
it cant be that bad that you need new archs?

maybe not, but by cutting the rust out, and having a new section welded in, it gets rid of the rust, most other methods will have the rust come back through in no time

Clio Mk1 Hybrid

Its not too bad, but it is one of those areas on a car that once the rust sets in, it can go really bad, really quick.

I dont want a bodge job and rather cut it all out and put fresh metal in there. Certainly not paying Renault prices though.