ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new seats and harnesses ...

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Personally I like the look of a standard rx7 with standard wheels, seats etc :)

Still looks good fun tho

M2 Competition
I like em too! Of the wheels you posted the first set win it for me.

Stripped interior painted black and black cage. Carbon dash bits.

Win.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I like RX7's, but don't get the JDM thing at all. If someone sticks the same junk on an astra etc it's labelled chav. Just because it's Jap makes it cool? Not IMO. There were some pics of a purple/yellow rx7 posted the other day, absolutely hideous. Awful.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Plus most of it is mad-tyte-dorifto focused... who wants brakes used on D1GP cars? They hardly ever use the damn things!

lol are you mad?? you would be surprised how often brakes are used!!!

i agree with some stuff people have said i like brides because of the badge... however they are far from the best seats and its just the badge and it comes with bride tax lol u see the scabbiest fucked up torn brides going for stupid money in the uk... just cos of the bride logo!

alot of the cheap copied s**t comes from china too ben :p

to the people who dont like it i dont care really lol and the people who do :D thanks :D

couple of other wheels i like too... will see when it comes to it what i go for but like i said i need like 2-3k for most of the sets i like! and most that i like because of the stupid gay offsets the rx7 runs standard i need wider front and rear fenders lol!

the amount i have spent so far i could be running around 400bhp... however this car im doing the safety side and handling side of things first, will be going coilovers, brakes and bushes before i touch the power... its pretty good as it is tbh, but i wanna be able to stop propperly and go round corners even better before i get silly power out of it... and for that im gonna need a ported engine anyway lol! so i recon 10k i will have the suspension etc sorted and running around 400bhp... i will be happy then :)

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
I like RX7's, but don't get the JDM thing at all. If someone sticks the same junk on an astra etc it's labelled chav. Just because it's Jap makes it cool? Not IMO. There were some pics of a purple/yellow rx7 posted the other day, absolutely hideous. Awful.

ERM!!! thats the sexynights fc! thats a japanese D1 car that is coming to the uk!!! that is running propper rare JDM parts lol!!! plus its f**king powerfull and drives sooooo well!!! u cant **** that car off im sorry!!!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
probably nitrox or ohlins... with external resevoir... was gonna go teins but not overly impressed...

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
[youtube]NelayhjuJLs[/youtube]

god damn i would love that! look how quick it is lol

Clio 1.2 16v
ERM!!! thats the sexynights fc! thats a japanese D1 car that is coming to the uk!!! that is running propper rare JDM parts lol!!! plus its f**king powerfull and drives sooooo well!!! u cant **** that car off im sorry!!!

Looks cack to me tbh. If someone made a Rover Tomcat Turbo look like that, they'd get slated. So, wow, rare parts? They're likely rare because they've been withdrawn from being manufactured, Ergo: There are newer, better parts to take their place.

How do you know the SK FC drives so well? Got experience of it? Thought i'd ask as you mentioned it as actual factual fact.

I'm not knocking the JDM 'scene', just trying to expand my understanding of car culture.
I know about the cars, drivers and history, but I don't know why everything has to be JDM to be cool...

EDIT: Oh, about drifters using brakes... they don't use them long or hard enough to prove the product... stick some JDM-dorifto-endorsed brakes on a circuit-orientated car and i'd put money on Brembos or other circuit-proven kits outperforming the JDM bits for a similar price.

Last edited:
JDM parts look better as a rule on JDM cars. Remember a couple of years ago when all the corsa and sheddy old rover boys started putting Jap style kits wheels and exhausts on their cars after watching the fast and the furious? Looked s**t every single time. Euro style parts in alot of cases look wrong on JDM cars, if you had an FD rolling round on Schmits or ronals it just wouldnt work.

Quality arguement is void IMO as the land of origin doesn't automatically garantee good or bad quality as most markets have manufacturers at the high and low end.

Turbos.
I would have forgotten about two seats and got a single black Recaro SPG, of which the carbon version was used for the RX7 Type R (and NSX-R) as you know.

Don't meant to be a brand wh0re...but i am!

Which bank will you be robbing? :eek:

Exactly!

Struggling to spend 3K on wheels.....then talking about ohlins!

A fried works there and I cant get 2 ways for less than 2K all round, and that includes ME making the bodies.

3 ways (reserviour) made by them are going to cost you like a grand+ a corner!

If you want the proper suff.

Then its probably just wasted......bwaaaahahahahaa

I would have forgotten about two seats and got a single black Recaro SPG, of which the carbon version was used for the RX7 Type R (and NSX-R) as you know.

Don't meant to be a brand wh0re...but i am!

Recaro is tres cooler than bride ;)

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Yes. Yes I can. It's an abomination. It looks like a 2 yr old was let loose with a few tins of paint. I'd go as far as too say it looks as chavvy as Lusty.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Exactly!

Struggling to spend 3K on wheels.....then talking about ohlins!

A fried works there and I cant get 2 ways for less than 2K all round, and that includes ME making the bodies.

3 ways (reserviour) made by them are going to cost you like a grand+ a corner!

If you want the proper suff.

Then its probably just wasted......bwaaaahahahahaa

i got a quote of 1800 for the 2 ways fitted and 2400 for the 3 ways...

the nitrox are 1800 for 3 ways...

im not struggling to spend 3k on wheels, its just not top of the priority list atm...

as for brakes i was going to either go for some grex or project mu calipers which are both known to be very well made and im pretty sure are made by alcon and brembo... so the brake comments go out the window :p

i had the chance to get some recaro spg's but no fia approval on them... not the rx7 version anyway! and the rx7 version wasnt carbon it was kevlar... :p

and i know the sexy knights car drives well as it has won loads of comps with different drivers lol...

Your lucky, must be shelf stock items then and running the lower end ttx cartriges.

Grex and Pmu are all old skool two peice calipers........even 197's come with monoblocks now. Get with the times!.....if you want something made by alcon/bremo....buy them. They WILL be better made, better supported and deliver better.

Nowt wrong with the seats you have, apart from they should be black ;). I was just comparing bride to recaro and saying how they suck if your spending that sort of money.

And please get that dash back to black....cant imagine what the glare is like in summer...on on track!!

Exige S1 + Honda S1
like your scottish oppinion means anything in the real world lol

you are going the right way about a slap.

I see lots of talk and pretty pictures of other peoples cars being posted and not much happening with yours.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Your lucky, must be shelf stock items then and running the lower end ttx cartriges.

Grex and Pmu are all old skool two peice calipers........even 197's come with monoblocks now. Get with the times!.....if you want something made by alcon/bremo....buy them. They WILL be better made, better supported and deliver better.

Nowt wrong with the seats you have, apart from they should be black ;). I was just comparing bride to recaro and saying how they suck if your spending that sort of money.

And please get that dash back to black....cant imagine what the glare is like in summer...on on track!!

dash is going carbon, with the main dash flocked :) so the white is going

got someone who can get me a good supply of aston martin brembo calipers very cheap so will prob get a set of them and get some brackets made up... saying that im running standard calipers with ds2500's and they work REALLY well, i havent got any fade from them yet, im dreading doing all the bushes and the rose joints on the stock arms sooo much work lol.

and to the scottish moaner... blow me lol

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
havent thought about rotor size but they are new aston calipers 500 for the pair 8 pot

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
yup just asked brembo 8 pot monoblocks with aston stickers on them lol...

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
was standard with shitty rubber and to much gas in first gear over a wet concrete road with a big drain in the middle... it oversteered then just slid straight in to a curb and up it in to a bus shelter... wasnt fun and touch wood havent done anything as stupid since... came from driving shitty french fwd pieces of s**t and stepped up to a rwd turbo car and well we all make mistakes but the police said it wasnt my fault lol so alllllls good! it was my first sx....

crash.jpg

roadcrash.jpg

:)

JESUS! look at the size of that manhole cover!

Even the busses pulling out of the layby put down more rubber than you lol.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
i think i did a good job lol still got a grand for the car when i sold it lol and i took a load of parts off