ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New seats ?? as im to tall and big for standard 1s

C

Clio_Craig

hi every 1, im having trouble with the seats in my 1.2 clio extreme. that im constantly slouching as im to tall for the seats, And the question i wud like to put to u all is, if i was to get a set of cobra daytona's and subframes, wud this be lower than the standard seats, or is there any way i can get them lower to help with my seating posistion

thanks craig

C

Clio_Craig

nice one pep and is that just with standard subframes and no mucking round with them

C

Clio_Craig

mmmm :( do they do a specific sub frame which allows the seat to sit lower

RS Clio 200
mmmm :( do they do a specific sub frame which allows the seat to sit lower

cobra do an extra low subframe yeh, but i dont know if it would take daytonas... i dont think it does.
personally id say just get fixed back buckets if ure gonna do it... ifind them 100 times more comfortable than any other seat

C

Clio_Craig

nah m8, they arent as comfy as i fort, and also very narrow, which isnt good wen i have massive shoulders

172 Cup SOLD
I've just bought some Cobra Imola S's with extra low subframes, these type of subframes would be your best bet.

Give John a call at 2modified and have a chat with him, he's one of cobra's main suppliers so should be able to sort you out and can get the info you need.

www.2modified.com

C

Clio_Craig

thanks alot m8, great help, just hope they can get these subframes for the daytona's

C

Clio_Craig

i have spoken to cobra and they have said that the daytona cant be used with the extra low subframes, but will still sit slightly lower than a standard seat, but my other alternative is to have a slight reduction in the bottom cushion to drop me lower i have been told. wat u guys reckon

RenaultSport 172
I am well interested in this. I need to do this shortly as its doing my back in. Extra low subframes sound good. I don't want to bodge around I want something that just bolts in. I need to sit about 3-4 inches lower than standard. Is this possbile with the extra low sub frame? What choice of seats can I use with the extra low frame?

Thanks for any help.

You'd have to bevery tall for it to be an issue IMo Loonys the best person to ask he's 6 6 or so like me but he has different seats or used to.

I'm 6 6 though and its not that much of an issue its not perfect but few cars are.

C

Clio_Craig

i agree fantom, just give the guys at cobra a call and they will tell u wat seats u can use wiv extra low subframes

RenaultSport 172
Yeah I think I will do. I hope I can get a reclining seat though and not a fixed back race thing.

RenaultSport 172
I'm 6'5 and it feels like i'm sitting in a child seat!
im 6ft6 and im fine in my clio bend you legs or get a bigger car my jeeps gd because it allows me to be sat um higher than the paedals

Its not my legs that are the problem, I have plenty of leg room. If you sit with your bum at the back of the seat and sit up straight you will know what I'm on about. Your head will be too high to see out the screen properly and the seat will end 3/4 of the way up your back! If you slouch so that you can see properly then eventually you will get annoyed like me. Its the slouching thats causing me trouble. Also, my last car was an impreza so I know how comfortable a proper seat is. The clio seat seems to be designed for small people.

Steve
PS: Cheers for the pm craig

C

Clio_Craig

explained perfectly m8, my dad said sit up in the chair properly and my shoulders were on the head rest lol leg room is perfect just everything else, and if u have the sun visor down and sit up properly, you might aswell be driving with ur eyes closed lol

Clio 1.4RT
Im 6ft 4 and no1 can ever sit behind me in the clio.... its just not practical (seat gos right back right down and im still crunched up, pff french cars)

mk4 golf gttdi180
Its not my legs that are the problem, I have plenty of leg room. If you sit with your bum at the back of the seat and sit up straight you will know what I'm on about. Your head will be too high to see out the screen properly and the seat will end 3/4 of the way up your back! If you slouch so that you can see properly then eventually you will get annoyed like me. Its the slouching thats causing me trouble. Also, my last car was an impreza so I know how comfortable a proper seat is. The clio seat seems to be designed for small people.

Steve
PS: Cheers for the pm craig[/quote]

yeah i do hit the roof when i sit up right but i souch a litle some times its easy driving

C

Clio_Craig

its so uncomfortable and every one thinks i wanna race them of the lights with the way i sit lol

Clio Campus Sport
its so uncomfortable and every one thinks i wanna race them of the lights with the way i sit lol

tottally understandable, i have to have my the full way back and at an angle, cause im 6,5ft and the way i do my hair doesnt help, but i cant fit any1 behind me unless i pull the seat forward a couple of notches and then end up feeling asif im enclosed in a cardboard box!

C

Clio_Craig

^^^^ lol sod every 1 else i dont have any one sitting behind me, im not moving my seat for sh*t, head room isnt helped by the way i do my hair either lol

C

Clio_Craig

even the other front seat needs to be all the way bk coz if ur passenger in the front doesnt want their knees by their ears they need the sit quiet far back,

RB 182 FF/ CUP PACKS
The extra low Cobra subframe only fits standard width competition seats with sidemounts - Sebring, Imola, Suzuka, Aqua 4 x 4 and Monaco. Cobra's part number for the subframe is "ZT012 lowered version" (RH or LH).

RenaultSport 172
Do you know if other seat companies do a low sub frame that will fit more normal types of seats? I'd like a reclining seat. Has anyone butchered a sub frame to make it mount lower?

RB 182 FF/ CUP PACKS
I think it may be possible to adapt an extra low Cobra subframe to take a base mounted seat. Try calling Yozzasport, I believe they may have made some progress in this area.

C

Clio_Craig

i will get in touch wiv yozza and let u no how i get on guys. im pleased im not the only one whos shoulders are to wide for the seats and to tall

C250 AMG & 172 Cup
My eldest brother is a shade over 6ft 9....he just doesnt bother even attempting even get in the clio. Just says its far far to uncomfortable especially as the passenger seat isnt height adjustable!

C

Clio_Craig

u will have to lay him across the back seats, or get a roof rack me thinks lol