ClioSport.net

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

  • When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Side bullets. Need a bit of help

Dip

Car  04 Clio 16V Dynamique
I know its probably on the forum somewhere, but I couldn't find it.
Well I managed to get a bargain on these 1.4 16v ones, and decided to do this:
From -
IMG_5255.webp


To-
IMG_5256.webp


To-
IMG_5257.webp


Ive gone from p240 wet and dry to p1200, going to do a p1500 in a little bit. Just need to know how to get the shine back on? Any ideas?


Thanks!
 
You wont get a shine back on without a buffer, or PC. May aswel paint them, looks way better anyway (Y)
 
You think I could do it with a dremel or something along those lines?
I was thinking paint, but that means I have to do the trims along the door!
 
how come you dont have '16v' badges on a 1.2 16v already? the proper ones will look better, as the '16v' you have will be pointing at different ends of the car.
 
I do have the standard ones, just liked the smaller valver badges...Just realised what you mean...stupid me! Argh..My plan didnt go well. Didnt think it over!!!!!! Might have a trial fit any way. Shouldnt look too bad.
 
how do you change the colour of just the writing ? do you have to remove it from the actual bullet bit ?
 
Right have an update on this. Decided to try a bit of home job colour coding.
I didnt pay anything for these so I wasn't to bothered about outcome.
Right, Ive done one so far, and I shall be setting about doing my rub strips if the outcome is what I want.
I firstly started from above, then started with around 2-3 v.light coats of primer, then taking it back going up in grades of wet and dry.
Then I put the first coat of paint on, again built up very lightly and the last coat has just gone on with a lacquer while it was still tacky/wet. Now this is the end result:
IMG_5307.webp

IMG_5309.webp

Now what steps should I take? Wet and dry with p1200/1500 + More lacquer? Or Take back then polish? Am I correct in saying thats the "orange peel effect"?
What should I polish with? My old man is a carpenter so I have access to all his tools :).

Thanks!
 
The Chrome lettering will hardly stand out at all, What colour is your car?
 
how about....do the badges silver, and the lettering black, make sure you keep the lettering smooth, get 1200 grit on it.
 
Well if I can get the finish I want on theses, then Ill probably think about doing the side strips on the car. But I can't tell if these are ok, Should I wet them back and machine polish?
 
Back
Top