ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new sound system

Els

Inferno 182 Cup
Alpine is always good mate, ive got sony in mine. Couldnt afford an Alpine unit at the time....LOL

Just please what ever you do PLEASE do not buy from Halfords... OR Halfrauds as there known arround here.

www.caraudiosecurity.com

check the price with them, there who i use for all my ICE, there really good with super fast delivery

Clio SI
ok you got any recomendations on the speakers because at the min ive only got the standard clio ones in front and back!!

oh yer ive got a sony in there at the moment

Els

Inferno 182 Cup
I had Infinity 6x9s in the back of mine, and then 2 x 10" Alpine Type R subs. powered off 2 x Alpine V12 amps and a Pheonix gold amp to run the 6x9s

Amaizing tuneage. was getting in the region of 200db was mental.

Used to make you feel sick, won 2 awards for my install, 1 for best install and 1 for a sound off. kept the trophies after i sold the car....LOL

Els

Inferno 182 Cup
I got all my audio stuff off car audio security for £600 which would have cost me over 1k if i would have bought from halfrauds.....

it was fantastic fair play. if you d buy from them mate you will not regret it. just get your mate to help you fit it after getting home it very strait forward, even check online for a guide.... dead simple pal.

Heres a pic of my old one.

installsv8.jpg

Clio SI
im loving the site very cheep and reasonable does only having 4*50w make any difference from 4*60

thanks dan

ps. if you had about 250 for a head unit tht connected to an ipod what would u sudgest?? thanks

dan

Els

Inferno 182 Cup
to be getting the best you can out of any set of speakers/subs you NEED to have them connected up to amps... not gona get the full effect otherwise...

The output from the head unit dont really make any difference if you are gona be running powerfull speakers,

Those outputs are usually better for small component...

Im not sure which head unit mate, what ever you like best really my mate wont buy anything else but Alpine but im more than happy with sony, its down to your personal preference at the end of the day mate... have fun choosing ;)

Els

Inferno 182 Cup
you can get an adapter loom from ebay for about £2, thats where i got mine ;) there £15 in Halfrauds

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
I had Infinity 6x9s in the back of mine, and then 2 x 10" Alpine Type R subs. powered off 2 x Alpine V12 amps and a Pheonix gold amp to run the 6x9s

Amaizing tuneage. was getting in the region of 200db was mental.

Used to make you feel sick, won 2 awards for my install, 1 for best install and 1 for a sound off. kept the trophies after i sold the car....LOL

200 db :lolup: Are you sure ?????

Els

Inferno 182 Cup
Nearly made my ass bleed....LOL

It was a great sound system, never do it again though, wasnt cumffy to have it on and running in the car on high volume

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
Yeah, it got db tested when i won the sound off

Well then in that case you have just got yourself a sponsor for the Iasca sound offs in the US.

I will pay all your travelling expenses, 1st class air travel, freight for your car, 5 star Hotel and all the food and drink you can consume.

In return I will split the prize money, magazine rights, TV appearance fees and any residuals arising from the entry in the Guinness Book of Records.

Please post an address for hand delivery of your contract. :hail:

Polo + Micra
i think not lol

i'd say that is about an 130dB setup there tbh (from the subs as it's easy to get high figures with high frequncies(sp))

Els

Inferno 182 Cup
im not claiming 200db, i had no idea what it was untill it was tested in the sound off i did, not my fault, just telling ya what i was told....

No need to turn in to a bunch of dick heads about it is there.....

Makes no difference what is is now anyway.... it aint my car no more.... all gone!

Els

Inferno 182 Cup
like i said above mate, not my car any more, sold it over a year ago.... so say what you like and do all the little petty comments you like, couse it aint my car....LOL

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
im not claiming 200db, i had no idea what it was untill it was tested in the sound off i did, not my fault, just telling ya what i was told....

Makes no difference what is is now anyway.... it aint my car no more.... all gone!

I think the moral of the story mate, is check your facts before you pick up the spade, don't you.
A dick head is someone who doesn't know when to stop digging. ;)

http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/content/press/news/iascaSPL.html

Last edited:
  Monaro VXR
Upgrade the front speakers before adding anything in the rear if you get the fronts sorted on an amp you wont need the rears anyway the fronts will be able to put out more than enough volume. And it will sound better in the process.

Everyone used to rave about the Rainbow speakers on here and enough people have them in there cars now so just stick a link up for them.

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/3967.html

Get them on a 2 x 100w RMS amp or there abouts and a decent headunit and you will have the start of a half decent system.

Els

Inferno 182 Cup

I think the moral of the story mate, is check your facts before you pick up the spade, don't you.
A dick head is someone who doesn't know when to stop digging. ;)

LMAO!!!! :lolup: :lolup: :lolup:

Anyway hope you find a good setup dan...

GOLF GT TDI
i got an Alpine 9855R i have had a few headunits before such as kenwood pioneer and i found alpine is the best, for the readin of DB the record is about 175? mine was at 148 with 2000 kilawatts on 2 subs , but i havent had it tested with my new set up

i got an Alpine 9855R i have had a few headunits before such as kenwood pioneer and i found alpine is the best, for the readin of DB the record is about 175? mine was at 148 with 2000 kilawatts on 2 subs , but i havent had it tested with my new set up

great headunits these, have one in mine, infinity speakers and 4 channel amp, nothing too ott but means i get a good sound quality, not bass boys b****cks.

jamie

not calling any of you bass boys btw, unless you wind down your windows so i can hear your "tchunz" over mine :)

Clio SI
ok ive got about 200 to spend on the head unit becuase i need the ipod connection then any recomendations on speekers and sub and if the speekers can replace the inbuilt ones n my clio SI

Clio SI
BUMP

also can anyone tell me what the difference beetween a 300 quid head unti n a 150 quid one would it be better spending the moeny on a amp and speakers

thanks

dan

Clio SI
kool looks good not looking for anything that big tho, just want a nice sound dont want huge i prefere a crisp sounds ( why i play pure wavs not mp3) . So is it smart for me to spend less money on the head unit and more on speakers and an amp

thanks

dan