ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New to Clio Sport-help needed!

Clio 172 Cup
Although I've read the forums for the past year or so I've finally plucked up the courage to post and would like some help.

I had my 36,000 mile service carried out on my 172 Cup at Renault Newcastle a couple of months ago where they changed both belts. Two months later when checking under the bonnet I happened to notice the part in the picture below was just sitting on some cables near the front of the car unattached. Immdiately thinking it was simply a part they had forgotten to attach I returned and asked if they could fix it back on.

They told me that the two bolts holding this on had snapped, that they had never known this to happen before and that they wouldn't have needed to touch this to carry out the service.

I am a total novice when it comes to cars so I would appreciate if someone could firstly tell me what the part is, if it is important that I fix it back on and whether you think it was likely to have been done by them.

They have qouted me almost £100 to fit this back on as they say it will involve drilling the bolts out etc. Basically i would just like to know if they are feeding me a pack of lies?!

Cheers for your help in advance guys as I hate to think I'm being screwed by a dealer that i have paid a fortune to to have this service done.

Attachments

• cliocup.jpg
    cliocup.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 71
  Mondeo TDCI 130
Well in my experience, the studs that hold that piece on also go through the inlet manifold, and they generally break just before the threads that hold the fuel rail cover (bit above) on! So every on i see, you buy 2 new studs, unbolt the old ones, and but new ones in and tighten it up!!

Its unlikey they would have hadf that off on a cup to do anything, on the a/c models i remove them to make oil filter removal easier!!

PS : welcome!!

Megane dci 130
Its the injector cover. Iv had the bolts snap before on these and they fall off. There mounted on the bolts that hold the lower inlet on. As for drilling them out, they have a 10mm hex built into them so they can just be unscrewed. I normally take this off to change oil filters on 172's but some people might not.

Hope this helps!

Clio 172 Cup
Cheers thanks for your help, I ordered the bolts from the dealer but don't want to go back there. From what you're saying its something that a local garage could do no bother then?

Mondeo TDCI 130
DSC00988.jpg

It goes there right at the front!! Yes, anyone with a few tools should be able to do it in ten minutes!!