ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new to clipsport with a 172 cup

172 cup
I bought a 172 cup last week and I love it! its the fastest and best handling car i have ever owned :)

rh3i.jpg

Only mechanical problem i know of is a creaking noise when i turn but i have ordered some solid top mounts from KTR ( I was going to get some anyway) and hopefully that should sort the problem?
I'm not to keen on the mudflaps might take them off and the cone filter has cable tie around it lol. might but a carbon airbox as well.

zewb.jpg

It has a KTR stealth catback and has been lowered on springs.

The alloys need a refurb but im not sure what colour to get them done when i refurb them. Was thinking either white or just standard.

BG 182FF
Welcome! The Car is looking good.. but as above, definitely bin the induction kit in favor of standard air box or a decent induction set up. And loose those flaps too ;)

172 cup
Thays exaxtly what I was gona do haha but sorting this steering thing out first. Do you guys think If I was to refurb the alloys I should leave them standard colour?

172 cup
Somebody already has a 172 cup with anthracite wheels near me and I hate copying lol. I was thinking just standard or white but white sort of looks plastic

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Flaps look good - just not in the 'look at me blue' :)

Always dismays me when having spent hours cleaning the BG182 - the worst paint damage is always around the section behind the front wheels. I applaud manufacturers that fit little protectors to the cills and rear edge of the wheel arch. It's a highly vulnerable area for the paintwork just in day-to-day driving. To me it seems almost insane to neglect it from the get go.

Nice purchase and some cracking roads on your door-step, too - the A686 to name but one!

D.