ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New (to me) Clio 182- decat, poor running on cold start- worth a remap?

clio 182 FF
Hi All,

I have recently purchased a clio 182 and have noticed for the first couple of minutes on cold start, that it runs like a bag of spanners and is barely driveable. The car misfires and wont rev properly, it runs great after those couple of minutes and feels strong compared to my old one.

This car had a decat and I mentioned it’s to the previous owner who said it would need a remap so that it runs right without the cat from cold. Does this sound right? And if so who should I go to - it’s seems a lot of people who used to do remaps no longer do?

thanks in advance.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
my 182 van was exactly the same, just ordered an RS tuner and uploaded the 98ron map and its now spot on, best mod you can do to them imo, bit pricier than they used to be but at current exchange rate it worked out at £220 and that was including the ABS module added on that lets me read and clear fault codes and bleed the abs system etc so id assume under £200 still for just the basic RS Tuner and map which still works as a fault code reader for you

clio 182 FF
my 182 van was exactly the same, just ordered an RS tuner and uploaded the 98ron map and its now spot on, best mod you can do to them imo, bit pricier than they used to be but at current exchange rate it worked out at £220 and that was including the ABS module added on that lets me read and clear fault codes and bleed the abs system etc so id assume under £200 still for just the basic RS Tuner and map which still works as a fault code reader for you

Thank you, looking on their website it doesn’t mention older Clios anymore? Or do you just order the basic unoptimised map?

clio 182 FF
thanks for your help, I still can’t see it on the website. Is the below correct as it’s all I can see?

723C7AA9-4D64-451F-A247-BE50D3396A96.png

New2RS

ClioSport Club Member
If you don’t go down that route you need to get your car to Chris at EFI Parts in Runcorn. Absolute wizard with Renaults and a top bloke to boot.

clio 182 FF
If you don’t go down that route you need to get your car to Chris at EFI Parts in Runcorn. Absolute wizard with Renaults and a top bloke to boot.

thanks, his name had come up in my searches a few times. I will see how the R.S. tuneworks and go from there.