ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New to this but thought id show off the mk3!

clio mk3
Hi everyone, new to this, been wanting to do this for agesbut never got the time, used to own a clio 1.2 mk2 and loved that too much so when i got one years no claims i sold it and bought a silver mk3 1.6 vvt, had my eye on one for ages and finally got one for a decent price had it about two month now so thought i might show you all what the crack is.
cheers guys

Attachments

• 704775_414423795298271_1550121475_o.jpg
    704775_414423795298271_1550121475_o.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 252
  • 335561_414423525298298_194258956_o.jpg
    335561_414423525298298_194258956_o.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 200
  clio mk3
Straight away i debadged the back, sprayed the badges black, got the sport grill, led side lights lowered 45mm and was lookin 10x better than standard, i changed the head unit added massive sub and quality speakers in front and back.

clio mk3
615463_428988460508471_1989021772_o.jpg739845_428988767175107_45849505_o.jpgi sprayed the wheels black and then the calipers yellow, really good combination imo, i fitted 8000k HIDs, which are very blue, i then fitted neon lights in the footwells and the interior light bit chavvy i know but looks mint at night, and the biggest recent mod is, i went to a place called mij in birmingham and got a custom exhaust fitted to the clio, a full sport stainless steel so very very loud but sounds the bee's knee's. if anyone is interested i will get pics up at the weekend of all the mods. ill wash it and get them uploaded but projects coming on nicely, o yer and bought some 30mm hubcentric spacers so they ill be fitted by weekend too.

clio mk3
20130217_155858_zps74703a92.jpg

20130217_155843_zps30d7bd7d.jpg

20130217_155812_zps153a619b.jpg

This is where its at, wheel spacers on, gave her a good clean today, just wated to share and know peoples thoughts, next payday coilovers will be on the way but would be nice to hear some fedback, cheers guys.

Clio World Series
I'm getting Coilovers on myn aps cheap I've saw them getting fx004 fox alloys on myn

Looks good mate.

Clio World Series
I was told to stay away from mij due to a problem if there work longlife told me they had to replace mijs work that's what I've bin told
Getting a powerflow 2.25 cat back on mine maybe a dump vale mines the tce world seires

clio mk3
iv had no problem yet, sounds really nice, just need coilovers so bad, im looking at fk ones seen some for a reasonable price, any opinions on another good make for the mk3?
cheers for your comments is coming on nicely, i really want banded steels after the coilovers are on and need to smooth the rear bumper badly !!

Clio World Series
I would recommend ap coilovers heard a lot of good things about them. Here's there spec!
site_map.jpg
banner.jpg
trans.gif
trans.gif
trans.gif
[h=1]AP Coilovers[/h]
The AP pro coilovers are a new and exciting brand for 2008. With so many coilovers on the market it’s hard to make a decision which brand to choose. The supreme quality and performance of the AP coilovers may help influence your decision. We have seen numerous coilovers over the years and the AP brand comes top for value for money. They can only be described as superb!
The AP coilover suspension has been designed to compete with the numerous budget coilover brands which have recently flooded the market. The AP coilovers have been built to a very high standard and therefore pass the all important TUV quality standards test. Many of the cheaper budget coilovers do not carry the TUV seal of approval indicating a lower build quality. With AP coilovers you have the peace of mind that comes with the German TUV quality certificate indicating superb build quality and finish.
The AP coilovers are very similar to the Weitec brand but sold at a fraction of the cost. Each coilover has been designed to ride firmer than the factory fitted suspension. The damping is approx 25% stiffer and gives a firm yet forgiving ride. The springs are powder coated blue and the kit also benefits from built in bump stops, helper springs and shorter piston rods which also help provide a smooth ride. Each AP coilover kit will lower your car a maximum of 30mm-80mm.
Stock availability is good and the application list is massive. If you are looking for a good quality budget coilover kit then the AP brand has to be considered.
Kit Contents
4 x AP Coilover Units
Adjuster Spanner
Bump Stops
Helper Springs
Grease
24 Month Warranty
Features
Height adjustable from 30mm-80mm
25% up-rated damping
Firm yet comfortable ride suitable for fast road or mild track use
Short heavy duty piston rods
Helper springs prevent spring dislocation when car is jacked up (MOT ok!)
Built in bump stops
TUV Quality approved
Zinc Plated Anti-Corrosion Bodies
Springs powder coated in blue for superb looks
One of Germany’s best selling brands
Venom recommended!
We are sole UK distributer’s for the VW/Audi/Seat range

Clio World Series
That's good then you had a remap yet if not can get u 1 for 199 18-20bhp gain

All I'm doing is getting a map n a power flow cat back
Maybe a dump value lol

clio mk3
how much are the ap thow i have seen the fk for 420 and as for the remap i would do it but would 20 bhp really make a big difference ?
any other ideas on the car ? or any pics of mk3 on coilees, open to ideas

Clio World Series
435 give you about more power I would of thought I ant sure on theses worth a try to see the difference I would of thought "type in Google Clio mk3 coilovers on the images. Would look good with a rear spoiler 60 off eBay lol

Clio World Series
Just looked it up about 30 bhp
Cams
Full decay
Maybe a upgraded turbo
Bigger intercooler
Change injecters 180 bhp plus

clio mk3
cheers, maybe worth it then, the fk ones lower too 100mm i think will just ring round both and then make my decision, coilovers will be ordered on pay day, and as for the spoiler, im sorry but that 60 quid spoiler looks soooooo sh*t in my opinion, i think the 197 one would be too much, i like that ktec sprint one but its 180 still, loads left to be done but all in good time:)

clio mk3
just a quick question just wondered if anyone could help me, thinking of gettin the 197 spoiler, how the heck do you fix it to the back??????? think im getting the bumper smoothed and the rear spoiler soon cheers guys

Clio 1.2tce DSX
just a quick question just wondered if anyone could help me, thinking of gettin the 197 spoiler, how the heck do you fix it to the back??????? think im getting the bumper smoothed and the rear spoiler soon cheers guys

On yours you woukd have to drill 4 holes in the top of the boot lid, 2 for the main bolts and 2 for support screws. If you already had a spoiler its easier as you coukd just unbolt the old one and bolt the new one down in its place. You must be able to get some kind of template for drilling the holes I would have thought

clio mk3
Thanks for the quick reply seems easy enough do you think it would look smart on mine if i smoothed the bumper aswel mate, i think it will look sweet mate

Clio 1.2tce DSX
as for the remap i would do it but would 20 bhp really make a big difference ?

I would say yes as with the extra 20bhp you also get more torque I think ktec quote up to and extra 20-30 ftlbs to give you an idea (if I remember correctly) and the torque will give you much better overtaking and acceleration. The map will also aid in giving you a much smoother power delivery across the rev range from what I understand.

But I will say this, if you are okanning of doing any mods such as exhaust and induction kit etc then do the map last and it will also benefit you much more to get a custom map if you're doing other engine/exhaust mods than getting an off the shelf map so to speak although a custom map is more expensive it would be much more worth it.

Clio 1.2tce DSX
Thanks for the quick reply seems easy enough do you think it would look smart on mine if i smoothed the bumper aswel mate, i think it will look sweet mate

Depends if you smooth the front and door/sides too, do it all it'd look great but not so sure on just doing the rear one. If you want I can take a couple of pics tomirrow if how my standard spoiler mounts on the underside to give you an idea of how it goes?

clio mk3
got a custom exhaust already mate, dont really want to get an induction kit my exhaust is loud enough lol, but will definately think about the remap, got so many plans for it, thanks for the help with the spoiler thow mate, get the rear bumper smoothed and spoiler next mate:)

clio mk3
yer you can do buddy, would be muchly greatful bro, i think just the rear would look smart and in time the sides and front, will look good, know a guy at work who does body shop work so wudnt be too expensive, will look smart in a few weeks

Clio 1.2tce DSX
What engine have you got in yours? I have been assuming its a 1.2tce from what ive resd un the previous posts :-/ if so the induction kit doesnt roar it makes a sucking noise as the air is being sucked in through the filter by the turbo so it wouldnt make your car louder so to speak.

I have kept the standard exhaust in mine but chopped both the centre and rear silencers out to give it more noise snd better flow ;-) and now pops and bangs even on thr standard map.

Where abouts in the country are you based mate? I'm in North Kent.

clio mk3
No mines the 1.6 vvt mate, bet that sounds good mate, mine is straight through to one back box and its a full sport system sounds emense, but very very loud bro, turns a lot of heads, and im in lincolnshire mate, not many smart clios round here tbh mate, but yer next payday will be getting on with bits and bobs, what are your future plans? have you looked through my thread bro ?

Clio 1.2tce DSX
Ah in that case scrap all the figure details that I have said because they are for the 1.2tce lol.
Bet thats loud!!
Fair enough and ive looked through this thread...unless youbhave another. I reakky should make a progress thread on mine but haven't been bothered to yet lol.

clio mk3
yer this is the one mate, you should do one, its ok just cant wait to get on with doing the other stuff but yer keep me updated on yours buddy cheers mate

Superleggera'd MK3
Im from just outside lincoln mate :) Your right with the fact there isnt many modded clios (mk3's in lincolnshire.....defo not in lincoln anyway. Not even seen 1 tbf)

Have u got spacers on the front as well bud?

clio mk3
no mate just 30mm on back, guna get some 25s on front after my spoiler bro, and tell me about it nice modded mk3s are really rare but they can look smart as f** i rekon, thats what im aiming for mate

Superleggera'd MK3
Yeah too right bud! What spoiler u looking to get? (Sprint, cup etc?). Thats probs the reason i like mk3s though, becos modded ones are rare u dont look like everyone else that has corsa's etc :)

u gonna keep the stock alloys or gonna change them eventually?

clio mk3
well sprayed them myself a few weeks back turned out nice its only the second set of alloys ive done but eventually mate i really wanna go for something differentand once its on coilovers i want banded steels but thats in time if you know what i mean, and yer i want the 197 one
57.jpg
thats the next mod mate and to get my rear bumper smoothed then it will be lookin smart bro
:)

Superleggera'd MK3
Yeah the smoothed rear bumper will look really good mate :)

U looking to go down the clean/euro route with the mods then mate? Iv never seen a non sport with the cup spoiler, could be interesting pal!!! :)