ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Type Of Coilovers Just Arrived - Testing Ahead!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Yes but who actually makes the shocks? Whos the manufacturer. Noone actually knows i dont think.
If they stop production of them or they go bust then like i said.... You have NO warranty!

Dude, with respect, you don't have a clue.

The Raceland coil-overs aren't a new product, they've been selling them for years. Your reasoning is flawed, because ANY company can go bust.

But for £160 its the risk you take! Its peanuts.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E

The Raceland coil-overs aren't a new product, they've been selling them for years. Your reasoning is flawed, because ANY company can go bust.

This ^

PH2 RS 172 Forsale

Excellent! Just what everybody thinks tbh!

Last edited:
  Megane 225 Cup

:rasp::rasp::rasp::rasp::rasp::rasp:

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
haha

But which Raceland have these coilovers come from? There seems to be quite afew. What's the address on your warranty/tuv cert?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode

True, but if they are £90 Trade, thats 4 springs 4 dampers and what not, alarm bells ring for me!!! With suspension being so important, if something falls off @ 70mph and you crash, was it worth it for £160?! Imo NO.............!

I'll stick to the billies/H&R's thanks

:)

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Again its personal preference, but stating facts you don't have is silly.

Live and let live people.

TTRS & V50
They will be dire and wont last 5 mins! if they are available to buy in at trade/import price then what the hell are they actually costing to make!!!
I wouldnt trust these to be even fitted to my car

But you don't have a clio, so why does it matter to you !

You have a bad word to say about every single Clio coilover kit there is but AST.

Mk5 golf gti
loool im lovin the beef
if you dont like the idea of them
then dont buy them SIMPLE
and so what if these are so cheap at trade an that.they dont seem any different in terms of build to ktecs and vmaxx
wonder how much theres cost to make.....
tbh idont care for 160 i aint gonna argue
an beats my standard shitty renault shocks :rasp:

Chelsea tractor
True, but if they are £90 Trade, thats 4 springs 4 dampers and what not, alarm bells ring for me!!! With suspension being so important, if something falls off @ 70mph and you crash, was it worth it for £160?! Imo NO.............!

I'll stick to the billies/H&R's thanks

:)
Like kittens would they be £90 trade

Megane 225 F1
Maybe its jealousy that most people have spent a few hunderd on their coilovers and some people are now getting something like what they have got for half the price....jealousy, its a terrible thing :(

EDIT: Im still better off though.. i spent £100 on sportlines...i didnt spend £450 for coilovers..

Mk5 golf gti
Maybe its jealousy that most people have spent a few hunderd on their coilovers and some people are now getting something like what they have got for half the price....jealousy, its a terrible thing :(

:lolup: terrible terrible thing :rasp:

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Youve hit the nail on the head. Just spoke to someone who has been offered the same kit at trade and can buy them in for 90+ vat!!! Mmmmmmm quality!!!

Like kittens would they be £90 trade

Roger that

:lolup: terrible terrible thing :rasp:

RLY :rolleyes:

PH2 RS 172 Forsale
Im luvin this keep it comming boys!

Oh btw handled like a treat on the country road's by me, better then my ZS did and that was on KW's :rasp:

Mk5 golf gti

Oh btw handled like a treat on the country road's by me, better then my ZS did and that was on KW's :rasp:

haha keep throwin that fuel on the jealousy fire :rasp:
how long did yours take to arrive matey
im orderin mine next week

Megane 225 F1

I really hope they make them for non-sports. Who ever said they were going to email, hurry up :D

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
I really hope they make them for non-sports. Who ever said they were going to email, hurry up :D

i didnt get chance to strip mine down to get some measurements.

If anyone has hub measurements for a Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v and Mk2 Ph2 1.2 16v

Soon as i know these i shall email them :D

Mk2 172
But you don't have a clio, so why does it matter to you !

You have a bad word to say about every single Clio coilover kit there is but AST.

No i dont!!! H&R is great stuff. I liked the way the one i drove felt. Just a bit soft for track use.
KW kit im sure is very good but never driven one so cant really comment.
This new kit is just a recipe for disaster at the cost these are available to buy into the uk at trade. Thats an awful lot of important parts for 90 quid!!!

Megane 225 Cup
these have been tested on various forums even on big heavy bimmers

so dan i know u are only looking out for us but just let us be the judge , in a few monthes u may be rite but if not were laughing

172 Ph1,Golf GTI PDI
No i dont!!! H&R is great stuff. I liked the way the one i drove felt. Just a bit soft for track use.
KW kit im sure is very good but never driven one so cant really comment.
This new kit is just a recipe for disaster at the cost these are available to buy into the uk at trade. Thats an awful lot of important parts for 90 quid!!!

Id like to know where you can buy these trade at 90 quid seeing at it has already been said they are not available from UK suppliers, sounds like BS to me

Mk2 172
Id like to know where you can buy these trade at 90 quid seeing at it has already been said they are not available from UK suppliers, sounds like BS to me

Curtis at AST got offered them to sell in uk along side the stuff he sells now actually! He just basically said its nothing he would be interested in thanks and neither would i. Dont believe me! Ring him.

Apparently quite a few people in the trade have been approached with this kit in the uk!! Noone wants to get involved because they know how it will all turn out!!
Im sure the stuff will be fine and everyone will be happy. End of thread :)

Last edited:
  Mk2 172
these have been tested on various forums even on big heavy bimmers

so dan i know u are only looking out for us but just let us be the judge , in a few monthes u may be rite but if not were laughing

thats fine dude. Im not saying dont buy them. There just not going to be that good but then your savin a grand on decent stuff so yeh.... bargain

Ph2 172 Track Toy
Seems beyond cheap to me!!

Less than a refurb on one trophy damper!

If it was me I'd be questioning more than just the price.

Handling or lack of it, push it a little too much on a round about and be spat off into the nearest tree.

Can't believe people think these could be better than standard. Renault who are probably the best setter upper of FWD cars vs £160 coilovers set up by amatures!!HMMMMM!!

Is the damping actually the same across both fronts and both rears?

Will they break within five minutes? Oh but they have a warranty. Yeah right, try enforcing it!!! Purchased on ebay and from a foreign country.

You can ruin the handling of a trophy with a little twist of the adjuster so how can a £160 coilover be any good?

I'd stick to standard!!!!

Mk2 172
Seems beyond cheap to me!!

Less than a refurb on one trophy damper!

If it was me I'd be questioning more than just the price.

Handling or lack of it, push it a little too much on a round about and be spat off into the nearest tree.

Can't believe people think these could be better than standard. Renault who are probably the best setter upper of FWD cars vs £160 coilovers set up by amatures!!HMMMMM!!

Is the damping actually the same across both fronts and both rears?

Will they break within five minutes? Oh but they have a warranty. Yeah right, try enforcing it!!! Purchased on ebay and from a foreign country.

You can ruin the handling of a trophy with a little twist of the adjuster so how can a £160 coilover be any good?

I'd stick to standard!!!!

Praise the F**KING lord. Finally someone who agrees and makes sense.
What ive been saying all along. Like i said the warranty may be 2 yrs but with who and what?? It wont be worth the paper its written on.

182cup & 172 racecar
My comment about the £90 was not a dig on quality as I have not seen them,but just saying that is a price a well known company(which shall remain nameless)pay for thier "own brand coilovers" and then pass them on for over £300.
Make from that what you will.
Price and quality do not always go hand in hand.

Last edited:

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Its £160!

If they aint very good then so f**k its not a huge loss...

Mk5 golf gti
My comment about the £90 was not a dig on quality as I have not seen them,but just saying that is a price a well known company(which shall remain nameless)pay for there "own brand coilovers" and then pass them on for over £300.
Make from that what you will.
Price and quality do not always go hand in hand.

thats the eaxact point
as so what if these are so cheap
its questionable to what the cost is of many well made kits are today
prices dont always resemble quality at all
i go for the reviews
and so far not one bad thing has been said based on FACT

Ph2 172 Track Toy
Its £160!

If they aint very good then so f**k its not a huge loss...

Unless they cause you to crash, which they may well do.

How much did audi invest in the original TT which then became a handful and started to kill people.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Itz ok da clio iz slammed so andlez mint boi

;)

btw, i as said many pages back, they may be ok for non sports, but on an RS i wouldnt touch em!

Mk2 172
Itz ok da clio iz slammed so andlez mint boi

;)

btw, i as said many pages back, they may be ok for non sports, but on an RS i wouldnt touch em!

id possibly go with that! Im pretty confident taking everything into consideration etc that the standard 182/cup setup etc will be far superior to these coilovers

Ph2 172 Track Toy
if they put a price of 300+ no one would say they were crap

its only coz there a bargin

1. I would, you need to spend a fortune on coilovers and get someone very tallented to set them up to get any improvement over standard!

2. but they dont cost £300+ they are £160

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
id possibly go with that! Im pretty confident taking everything into consideration etc that the standard 182/cup setup etc will be far superior to these coilovers

Lets face it though, everyone buying these is in it for looks, not performance.

Megane 225 Cup
well , lets just hope there not going to cause accidents,

its people like you lot that keep the prices high on the more known brands

Status
Not open for further replies.